Nursing at Texas Health Dallas is more than a science and more than an art. It is a calling-characterized by compassion, purpose, meaning and respect. Texas Health honors that calling by creating a Magnet(ic) work environment for nurses that promotes professional autonomy, nursing excellence and evidence-based practice. It is an environment where compassion — both for patients and each other — is standard operating procedure.
Compassion begins with caring for each other, and Texas Health nurses are committed to developing relationships that go beyond their job duties. Teamwork, camaraderie and effective interdisciplinary partnerships are the hallmarks of the Texas Health nursing community. We would like to honor our Nurses and invite RNs looking to join an amazing Nursing Team with a Day of Caring on Wednesday, February 22, 2017.
During this one-of-a-kind event you can:
• Learn more about caring for yourself with our ‘Self Care for Healthcare’ presentation
• Hear from the celebrated author LeAnn Thieman~ She’s a nurse and the co-author of "Chicken Soup for the Nurses Soul"
• Hang out with our nationally-recognized Chief Nursing Officer, Dr. Cole Edmonson (He’s amazing)
• Take a load off and let us pamper you ~ We’re talking complimentary massages, aromatherapy treatments and even yoga sessions
• Discover amazing Texas Health Dallas's RN job opportunities and Chat with our nursing leadership
• Check out our competitive benefits and wellness programs
• Enjoy snacks, chocolate and giveaways!
Location: Texas Health Dallas - Fogelson Forum Time: 9am to 1pm or 6pm to 10pm
Texas Health Dallas Highlights:
• An 898-bed facility providing compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966 with approximately 4,000 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff
• Achieved the coveted Magnet® designation status three times to be in the top 2% of the hospitals in the nation and has 98% employee engagement
• A Clinical Nurse Leaders model for care coordination and career advancement with over 300 Nurses on councils and committees and NICHE designated
• Schwartz Centers - Rounds focusing on the caregiver and active nursing research / scientist
• First hospital in Dallas to receive Cycle IV Chest Pain Accreditation, certified as a Primary Stroke Center and received the American Heart Association's Mission: Lifeline Silver Quality Achievement Award
• “2015 Best Nursing Team” by ADVANCE for Nurses magazine for our Medical Intensive Care Unit and Emergency Department
• Part of Texas Health Resources ~ #1 on the Fortune’s 2015 and 2016 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care”, 2016 Becker's Healthcare’s "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare"and Platinum-level recognition from the American Heart Association (AHA) for being a “Fit-Friendly Worksite”
Join us to learn more about why Texas Health Dallas is a Great Place to Work!