Business Analyst II Job
Date: May 3, 2013
Location: Arlington, TX, US
Location: Texas Health Resources System Services
Job ID: 48437
Department: IM Program Management Team
Area of Interest: Information Services or Technology
Job Type: Full Time
Relocation Provided: No
Travel Required: No
Job Function: PRF
Texas Health Resources is currently seeking a Business Analyst II. The ideal candidate will posess the following:
MINIMUM EDCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor's degree in computer science, management information systems (or related field). Masters degree preferred.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
* Approximately 5-7 years of experience in business analyst, systems analysis, systems training, systems design, technical support, applications programming, network design, or telecommunications design.
* Experience leading, supervising, consulting, directing or managing the process involved in planning and implementing new information systems, planning and integrating new technologies into existing systems.
* Demonstrated experience with current systems analysis principles, methods, procedures, practices, tools and techniques and project management principles.
* Use Case experience
* UML (Unified Modeling Language)
* Experience with traceability matrix
* Hands on experience with testing solutions
* IT Infrastructure Library (ITIL) foundations certification required (must be obtained within 6 months of hiring)
* Business Analysis certifications such as the Certified Business Analysis Professional (CBAP) are highly desirable
This position requires 25% travel to the THR entities within the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex.
Telecommuting is supported for this position after a 90 day review period.
Primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
Defines the requirements and computer solutions to resolve business-related problems, and meet strategic organizational goals.. This position may include planning and recommending acquisition of new software applications or devising ways to apply existing system resources to additional operations.
• Identifies, defines, records and communicates user and functional requirements for technology solutions
• Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis.
• Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze tradeoffs between usability and performance needs.
• Performs investigational analysis and evaluation to determine project or application feasibility.
• Develops resource, cost and benefit estimates to establish project worth, including the development of alternatives and recommendations for new acquisitions or changes to existing applications or equipment.
• Prepares feasibility studies; recommends and establishes program objectives, priorities and high level schedules
• Negotiates deliverables and requirements across multiple business customers or organizations
• Ensures that the design and integration of proposed system, software and hardware solutions leads to the development and growth of the business through effective use of technology.
• Integrally involved in ‘buy versus build’ decisions.
• Critically evaluates information gathered from multiple sources, reconciles conflicts, decomposes high-level information into details, abstracts up from low-level information to a general understanding, and distinguishes user requests from the underlying true needs.
• Proactively communicates and collaborates with external and internal customers to analyze information needs and functional requirements and delivers the following artifacts as needed: (Functional requirements (Business Requirements Document), iii. Use Cases, GUI, Screen and Interface designs)
• Successfully engages in multiple initiatives simultaneously
Project Management -
• Responsible for overall coordination, status reporting and stability of assigned projects
• Ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to high quality standards and meet customer expectations.
• Responsible for assembling project plans and teamwork assignments, directing and monitoring work efforts, identifying resource needs, quality review; and escalating functional, quality, timeline issues appropriately.
• Responsible for tracking key project milestones and adjusting project plans and/or resources to meet the needs of customers.
• Coordinates communication with all areas of the enterprise that impact the scope, budget, risk, and resources of the work effort being managed.
• Prioritize opportunities for utilizing IT to achieve the goals of the enterprise.
Policies, standards, communication, information management
• Develop/deploy JCAHO required information management plan.
• Support IM council operation at the entities
• Communication of important ITS departmental information at entity IM Councils including project, initiative, key messages from ITS Leadership
• Ensures quality current information and communications solutions via tools such as SharePoint and intranet sites
• Develop relevant marketing tools and onsite support for major CareConnect initiatives
• Provide daily support for conversion and upgrade implementations including challenging support schedules of weekends and holidays with limited resources
• Manage and distribute regular ITS Update communications to senior leadership and other appropriate stakeholders
Texas Health Resources is headquartered in the Dallas-Fort Worth area, and is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States. The System serves more than 6.2 million people living in 29 counties in north central Texas. With over $2.0 billion in annual revenue, Texas Health Resources is the largest fully integrated, not-for-profit healthcare organization in Texas, and the ninth largest system in the United States.
Texas Health Resources is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity at all levels of our organization. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V
Nearest Major Market: Arlington Texas
Nearest Secondary Market: Dallas
Job Segments: Business Analyst, Telecom, Telecommunications, Developer, Consulting, Finance, Technology