Fort Worth, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Southwest
PRN "As Needed" - Shifts will vary between 6:30 am - 2:30 pm and 11:30 am - 8:00 pm and will include weekdays, weekends and holidays
Required Minimum Education:
H.S. Diploma or Equivalent; Contingent upon enrollment in High School or GED program with the
requirement to graduate from the program within 1 year of hire.
Required Minimum Experience:
Previous food service experience, preferably in healthcare, preferred.
***This position will included dishwashing, standing for long periods of time and heavy lifting. Restaurant experience highly preferred.***
Meet all city, state and federal certification standards within 30 days of employment.
Reading, basic math, written language in English. Cooperative, discreet, and courteous.
Good communication and organizational skills. Positive customer service attributes.
Ability to work as a member of a team
* Serves food on the cafeteria and patient tray lines, utilizing good customer skills when serving patrons.
* Assembles, delivers and retrieves patient trays.
* Documents food delivery times and food tallies; performs other simple record keeping, i.e. temperature checks on equipment and food.
* Reports variances from standards to supervisor.
* Performs simple food assembly such as preparing salads, portioning and garnishing foods according to instruction.
* Cleans and sanitizes equipment, wares, walls, and floors routinely.
* Washes and sanitizes dishes, pots and pans as well as all cooking utensils and cooking equipment, according to department standards and procedures.
* Labels and dates foods according to HACCP standards.
* Ability to learn HACCP sanitation guidelines and follow for safe food handling.
* Knows and performs proper procedure for taking and recording temperatures of food items, both raw and cooked and refrigerated units.
* Demonstrates and performs procedures when temperatures are inadequate according to standards.
* Understands and utilizes the FIFO system of food production.
* Ability to follow/learn OSHA safety guidelines.
* Collects and delivers floor stock utilizing FIFO, delivers between meal nourishments and late trays according to departmental standards.
* Maintains assigned areas and equipment in a safe, clean, neat, and orderly manner to meet/exceed both department and TDH sanitation standards in both department sanitation and personal hygiene.
* Disposes of trash and garbage according to standards and procedures.
* Follows “clean as you go” as well as proper hand hygiene.
* Performs other job duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth is a 222-bed full-service facility that includes surgical and imaging services, a 24-hour emergency department, orthopedics and sports therapy, adult critical care, and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Southwest Fort Worth, which has been serving Tarrant County residents since 1987, has 1,100 employees, 120 volunteers, and more than 600 physicians on its medical staff. The hospital is a Pathway to Excellence® designated hospital by American Nurses Credentialing Center, a designated UnitedHealth Premium Surgical Spine specialty center and has earned Quality Respiratory Care Recognition from the AARC. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.