Arlington, TX US
Area of Interest:
Patient Support Services
Texas Health Arlington Memorial
Texas Health Arlington Memorial is seeking a Surgical Associate for Full Time employment.
Monday through Friday
0600-1430 with call requirement
H.S. Diploma or Equivalent is required
Previous patient care experience is preferred
BCLS is required within 30 days of hire
Read, write and speak English; Able to stand/walk for majority of hours of their work shift; Easily move heavy equipment & supplies ( up to 250 lbs on wheels) without endangering themselves or others
Completes routine stocking chores:
• Restocks warmer with blankets and saline
• Changes sharps containers
• Stocks linen, and bags for trash and linen, as well as red bags
• Stocks Expose II
• Ensures two armboards and safety strap available for case
• Stocks and replaces suction liners
• Stocks sterile towels in cores
• Stocks masks and OR room gels and sanitizers
• Empties soiled linen carts to linen chute
Assists in moving patients to and from the operating room suites.
• Follows patient identification requirements.
• Maintains patient dignity and confidentiality.
• Communicates appropriately with patients and families.
• Observes safety procedures in moving patients.
• Helps with patient positioning
• Demonstrates basic understanding of asepsis
• Decontaminates beds and stretchers between uses
• Makes up beds and stretchers
Assists in room cleanup before and/or after surgery.
• Disposes of hazardous waste appropriately.
• Uses personal protective gear as required.
• Follows procedure for cleaning of operating rooms and equipment.
• Transports instruments to decontamination areas according to procedure.
• Puts equipment and supplies away in appropriate place.
• Restocks items
Other duties as assigned
• Follows directions of circulating nurse in obtaining equipment, instruments and supplies as requested.
• Answers call from Surgery Control Desk without delay
• Acts as team member
Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital, a 369-bed acute-care, full-service medical center has been serving Arlington and the surrounding communities since 1958. Hospital services include comprehensive cardiac care, women’s services, neurosciences, cancer services, orthopedics, emergency services and an advanced imaging center. Texas Health Arlington Memorial has over 1,600 employees, 250 volunteers and 630 physicians on its medical staff. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence. For more information, visit TexasHealth.org/Arlington.
BCLS - American Heart Association Basic Cardiac Life Support within 30 days of hire.