Fort Worth, TX US
Area of Interest:
Patient Support Services
Texas Health Alliance
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Alliance is seeking a Certified Surgical Tech in the Labor and Delivery Department
PRN: As needed
Variable shifts based on the departments need
Minimum Education Requirements:
Graduate of an accredited surgery technology program, Vocational Nurse Program or graduate/completion of a military training program in
Minimum Experience Requirements:
1 year current operating room experience required
1 year current Labor and Delivery experience in an acute care setting preferred.
Minimum Licensure/Certification Requirements:
CST - Certified Surgical Technologist graduate/completion of a military training program in
surgical technology within 2 Years
LVN - Licensed Vocational Nurse Upon Hire
BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire
Minimum Skill Requirements:
A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, acceptable grooming practices and ability to function in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Supplies and equipment are assembled, prepared, and checked for proper functioning in respect to the needs of the patient and surgeon.
- Room is ready or patient and scheduled on time start
- A well developed surgical conscience and aseptic technique is displayed
- Sterile items are opened correctly and instruments are checked for completeness and function.
- Counts are performed according to policy.
- Expertise in scrubbing, gowning and gloving is displayed
- Surgeons preference cards are thoroughly reviewed prior to procedure.
- Enough time is allowed to scrub and set up prior to procedure.
- Knowledgeable of principles of sterilization; correctly operates autoclaves.
- Cases are pulled accurately per doctor’s preference cards.
- Under supervision assist R.N. circulator with preoperative duties.
- Instrumentation is handled during basic to complex surgical procedures with proficiency in multiple services.
- Surgeons needs are anticipated.
- The ability to respond to procedure variations is shown
- Specimens are handled correctly..
- The sterile field is monitored and maintained in a manner that minimizes the risk of transfer of infection and accidental contamination.
- Good communication skills are displayed with circulator/surgeon.
- Medications are properly identified on sterile field per policy.
- Under supervision assists RN with intra-operative duties.
- Instruments are handled with care.
- Concerns and/or special handling are communicated as necessary to instrument room personnel.
- Supplies and equipment are returned to designated storage.
- Room turnover is timely and effective.
- Preference cards are updated and changes initialed as new techniques are instituted.
- Sharps are handled and disposed of properly.
- Performer other duties as assigned.
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Alliance is a 58-bed, full-service hospital offering acute care and wellness programs to communities in North Fort Worth, Keller, North Richland Hills, Haslet, Justin and surrounding areas. The hospital provides numerous services, including emergency medicine, general and outpatient surgery – including an outpatient surgery center, women and infant’s care – including a level III neonatal intensive care unit, radiology – including a women’s imaging center, cardiac rehabilitation and therapy center, business health services, and wellness programs. Texas Health Alliance is a technologically advanced hospital that has earned national recognition for operating at the highest level of electronic medical record adoption. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.