Arlington, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Arlington Memorial
Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital located in Arlington, TX is seeking to hire a full time Financial Counselor for their Financial Counseling Department.
Full Time; 1st shift; 40 hours/week.
Monday – Friday, rotating weekends.
Must be available to work 8 hour shifts within department hours, Monday – Friday, 8:00am - 6:30pm.
Must be able to attend orientation and at least 2 weeks of training during normal business hours.
High School diploma or equivalent required.
1 year of collections experience preferred
Other hospital and physician office experience helpful
2 years of hospital admissions experience highly preferred.
Medical Insurance Verification experience preferred
CHAA (Certified Healthcare Admissions Associates) upon hire preferred.
*Basic Knowledge of Medical Terminology
*Strong understanding of health insurance benefits
*Ability to type, spell, write, or print legibly with general knowledge of personal computers required; typing skills with emphasis on accuracy over speed
*Knowledge of office equipment including copier, fax, multiline phone etc.
*Strong interpersonal communication, documentation, customer service skills and ability to work well with others as a member of a team required
*Ability to work under pressure and to multi-task
*Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
* Maintains knowledge of admissions processes and is able to assist in the registration process if required. Obtains accurate financial and complete demographic information during Pre-Admission and/or Registration pertaining to the patient account. The registration process may require use of Computers on Wheels (COW’s).
* Presents and thoroughly explains legal, ethical, and compliance related documents. Maintains knowledge of local, state government and federal programs. Provides all payment options: cash, checks, major credit cards/debit cards and THR Financing. Accurately process the patient’s ability to pay through financial screening. This may require preparation and distribution of documents.
* Maintains knowledge of the Financial Policy and deployment of practices used within the department, as well as, Central Business Operations to resolve patient accounts. Coordinate accurate patient data to determine financial obligation based on the financial policy including collection of insurance co-payments, self-pay deposits, and patient balances. Protects the integrity of the Medical Record. Elimination of duplicate identities (multiple identities per person), Overlays (same, identity for multiple people), Shared Identities (2 or more people claim to be same unique identifier (SSN) Maintains error tolerance rate of 90%.
* Reviews on-line edit and perform necessary action to correct the patient account. Distributes corrections as appropriate.
* Obtain and/or update verification of benefits and/or /pre-certification of test or procedure. Uses automated and manual processes to obtain information pertaining to the patients benefits when applicable.
Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital, a 369-bed acute-care, full-service medical center has been serving Arlington and the surrounding communities since 1958. Hospital services include comprehensive cardiac care, women’s services, neurosciences, cancer services, orthopedics, emergency services and an advanced imaging center. Texas Health Arlington Memorial has over 1,600 employees, 250 volunteers and 630 physicians on its medical staff. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence. For more information, visit TexasHealth.org/Arlington.