Fort Worth, TX US
Area of Interest:
Certified Medical Assistant
Texas Health Fort Worth
Texas Health Fort Worth seeks to hire a Medical Assistant to work Full Time for their Senior Health Center.
The schedule is Monday - Friday from 8:00am to 5:00pm
The ideal candidate would possess the following:
*High School Diploma or Equivalent is required
*1 year of medical assisting experience in a medical office is required
*Certified or Registered Medical Assistant is required
*Positive interpersonal skills and ability to function in a fast paced environment.
*Phlebotomy skills, minor lab test experience,
familiar with medical terminology.
Care of Patient/Technical Skills:
• Assists with flow of patients from waiting area to exam room, including height, weight, and head circumference
• Obtain brief history from patients
• Perform preparatory work on patients to ensure efficient use of the provider’s time
• Draws blood and gives injections
• Prepares specimens and orders lab work, interfaces with laboratory ensuring that all labs are reported in timely fashion
• Maintains immunization documents
• Records lab tests in logs
• Stocks and cleans exam rooms daily
• Facilitates disposal of biohazard materials
• Maintains and enhances patient care/technical skills
• Seeks assistance and supervision when performing unfamiliar tasks
• Provides for patient safety
• Communicates per department expectations.
• Recognizes and communicates patient care concerns through established channels.
• Complies with THR Human Resources Policies (ex. Attendance Punctuality, ID badge, Dress Code)
• Takes action to reduce or eliminate patient risk
• Accepts other duties as assigned.
• Adapts to changing needs of unit: patient census, workload, and crisis situation
• Functions as preceptor for new employees (if selected by Manager)
• Demonstrates interpersonal relationship skills with patients, families, co-workers, physicians, all disciplines and other customers.
• Flexes schedule to meet department/patient needs.
• Adapts to changes in workload assignment to meet changing needs of the individual patient or the unit.
• Accepts other duties, as assigned.
• Organized work in partnership with team members. Participates in department/THR community outreach activities.
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 726-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center that has served the residents of Tarrant County and surroundings communities since 1930. Hospital services include cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics and sports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. In early 2014, Texas Health Fort Worth will be opening a new 75,000 square foot Emergency Services Center, one of the largest in the region. Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 physicians on its medical staff. Texas Health Fort Worth recently received national recognition for its oncology program and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Tarrant County. The hospital is also a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.