Childbirth Educator Prn-Southwest
Fort Worth, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Southwest
Texas Health Southwest has an opportunity for a Prn Childbirth Educator, RN to present Breastfeeding classes-1-2 classes, evening or weekend, per week,.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Our facilities are located across the greater Dallas – Ft. Worth area with a centrally located corporate office in Arlington, TX. We are one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the US that has the resources to offer a variety of career growth and professional development opportunities with equally remarkable benefits. Join our award-winning Texas Health family and contribute to our mission “to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve”. A few recent accomplishments we achieved include:
• 2018 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4th year in a row)
• 2015 “Healthiest Employer in North Texas” by Dallas Business Journal and 2015 Fortune “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials”
• Ranked #1 on the Fortune’s 2015 and 2016 “20 Best Workplaces in Health Care” and #2 on the nation's 50 Best Workplaces for Diversity for 2015 by Great Place to Work®
• 2015, 2016 and 2017 Platinum-level recognition from the American Heart Association (AHA) for being a “Fit-Friendly Worksite”
• 2015 Great Place to Work® and Fortune list of “50 Best Workplaces for Camaraderie”
• 2017 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (3rd year in a row)
• Named by Hospital & Health Networks magazine as one of the nation’s 2016 “Most Wired” health care systems for the 16th time in 18 years
• Ranked #1 on 2016 and 2017 “100 Best Workplaces for Women list” by Great Place to Work®
• Platinum-level recognition in the 2016 and 2017 Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles® awards, sponsored by the National Business Group on Health (ninth year to appear on the list and second year to receive the Platinum award
• Stage 7 Revalidation~ Texas Health Resources recently earned revalidation recognition for the premier award for electronic health record (EHR) adoption
Required Education: Associates Degree in Nursing
Required Experience: 2 years experience in childbirth or adult education
Licenses and Certification:
BCLS Required upon hire
RN Required upon hire
Other certification i.e. Lamaze, ICEA preferred
Must have strong knowledge base of Breastfeeding/Lactation or IBCLC certification.
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth is a 222-bed full-service facility that includes surgical and imaging services, a 24-hour emergency department, orthopedics and sports therapy, adult critical care, and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Southwest Fort Worth, which has been serving Tarrant County residents since 1987, has 1,100 employees, 120 volunteers, and more than 600 physicians on its medical staff. The hospital is a Pathway to Excellence® designated hospital by American Nurses Credentialing Center, a designated UnitedHealth Premium Surgical Spine specialty center and has earned Quality Respiratory Care Recognition from the AARC. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.