Kaufman, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Kaufman
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Kaufman, a 91-bed acute-care full-service hospital serving Kaufman and Henderson counties is hiring for a full time Nurse Manager Telemetry.
Education/Experience required: BSN required. RN - License: Registered Nurse and BCLS
3 Years progressive leadership experience and
5 Years experience in clinical area
• Plan, organize, and delegate activities as required for safe, efficient, and effective operation of the unit
including active participation with other hospital departments and leadership to accomplish this purpose.
• Provide resources and guidance to support the utilization of evidence based practice standards.
• Identify and utilize processes and resources that support optimal delivery of data and information to staff.
• Facilitate activities that prepare unit, environment, and staff to meet credentialing bodies requirements.
• Identify key drivers in throughput process, evaluate areas role, and develop solutions to barriers.
QUALITY PATIENT CARE OUTCOMES:
• Plan, manage, patient care processes to improve performance.
• Facilitate delivery of quality patient care.
• Require documentation that meets hospital and credentialing standards/policy/guidelines.
• Demonstrates positive supportive role in change process.
• Responsible for staffing based on patient care needs.
• Responsible for personnel functions including staff, performance reviews and corrective action.
• Promote professional growth and development of all employees.
• Supports diversity and inclusion in the organization.
• Recognize and reward individual and team accomplishments.
• Promote staff retention.
• Facilitate new staff orientation.
• Supports shared decision-making through the unit-based council.
• Incorporate customer needs and expectations into daily operations and business planning strategies.
• Promote team building strategies and principles of group process in interaction with staff.
• Prepares operating and capital budgets for areas of responsibility.
• Manages approved operating and capital budgets effectively and adjusts strategies as needed to meet budget expectations.
• Identifies and evaluates patient care requirements and outcomes based upon patient acuity, system and budgetary guidelines.
• Demonstrates involvement in professional organization.
• Participates in hospital/department/system committees.
• Stays current with professional activities.
• Alerts appropriate individuals regarding ethical and legal concerns (i.e. Risk Manager, Compliance Officer,Director).
• Educates, promotes and evaluates appropriate use of chain of command by staff.
• Acts as a role model/mentor.
• Adheres to ANA Code of Ethics.
• Complies with hospital policies and with Nurse Practice Act.
• Active in Reach Out THR and other community activities.
• Makes appropriate referrals to Peer Review.
• Participates in 360 degree evaluations.
• Creates development plan that identifies and addresses areas of needed growth.
• Completes reports in a timely manner. Utilizes various resources for development
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Kaufman is a 91-bed acute-care, full-service hospital serving Kaufman and Henderson counties and southern Dallas County since 1979. Hospital services include women’s care, cardiac rehabilitation, wound care and diagnostic and imaging services. Texas Health Kaufman was recently recognized as a Pathway to Excellence® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center and is a Level IV Trauma Center. Our location, 35 miles southeast of downtown Dallas, brings all the perks of country living to your lifestyle and puts the city's best features within convenient reach