Dallas, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Dallas
The new Hamon Tower at Texas Health Dallas, a MAGNET facility, has a full time opportunity for an experienced PCU/Neuro/Telemetry RN.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Our facilities are located across the greater Dallas – Ft. Worth area with a centrally located corporate office in Arlington, TX.
We are one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the US that has the resources to offer a variety of career growth and professional development opportunities with equally remarkable benefits.
Join our award-winning Texas Health family and contribute to our mission “to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve”.
A few recent accomplishments we achieved include:
• 2015, 2016 and 2017 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®”
• 2015 “Healthiest Employer in North Texas” by Dallas Business Journal and 2015 Fortune “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials”
• 2015 “Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles” by the National Business Group on Health (marking the sixth year THR has received this award)
• 2015 and 2016 Platinum-level recognition from the American Heart Association (AHA) for being a “Fit-Friendly Worksite”
• 2015 Great Place to Work® and Fortune list of “50 Best Workplaces for Camaraderie”
• Ranked #3 on 2015 “100 Best Workplaces for Women list” by Great Place to Work®
Texas Health Dallas is searching for a PCCU Neuro Telemetry RN. The ideal candidate will be a team player who is excellent at communicating with peers, physicians, patients and who cares about customer service.
The PCCU Cardiac - Neuro Telemetry Unit is a 35- bed unit in the new Hamon Tower. We specialize in the care of cardiovascular patients which includes Heart Failure, AMI and Arrhythmia patients, pre and post interventional patients ( Cath and pacemakers), care of Neuro conditions and is a Stroke designated unit. It is a high acuity telemetry unit that signifies a reduced nurse to patient ratio.
6:45AM - 7:15PM, (3) 12-hour shifts/week, for a total of 36 hours per week and every other weekend and varied holidays, self-scheduling****
In order to qualify for this the following criteria must be met:
* Associates degree in Nursing -
(RNs hired after January 2017 require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date).
*BSN (Bachelor of Science in Nursing) preferred.
*One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse (RN), or completion of an RN residency program.
** 1 year previous experience in Cardiac/Neuro/MS Telemetry or PCU strongly preferred
Current Texas RN license or compact license to practice in the state of Texas upon hire
* Current ACLS certification and AHA BLS/CPR training/certification upon hire
* CPI required within 60 days of hire (Crisis Prevention Intervention training)
(*EKG rhythm interpretation is preferred)
* BCMSN - Board certified Med/Surg RN
* CRRN - Certified Rehab RN
* PCCN - Progressive Care Certified Nurse
* SCRN - Stroke Certified RN
In addition, you must hold a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills and the ability to function in a fast-paced environment
Texas Health Resources provides a competitive benefits package:
* Medical, dental, prescription drug and vision plans
* 401K retirement -matching
* Tuition reimbursement
* Short term and long term disability
* Be Healthy Wellness program
* Fitness Center discounts
* Free parking
* Nursing Career Ladder (NCAP)
and much more!.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers . The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012.We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.