Arlington, TX US
Area of Interest:
Information Services or Technology
Texas Health Resources System Services
Texas Health Resources is seeking a Messaging/Citrix Engineer I.
This position provides the operational and administrative support for Texas Health’s Audio/Video and Collaboration Systems, including MS Exchange, Skype For Business (S4B), Office 365, Vidyo, Faxing and other collaboration Infrastructure, to enable functionality and high availability of mission critical Business and Healthcare systems.
Required Minimum Education:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, or related field required
• Or Four (4) years of relevant experience in lieu of degree
Required Minimum Experience:
• Two (2) years support experience in large Microsoft environment (10,000 users plus) or Large Video environment (100 plus endpoints) in the support of Audio/Video or Collaboration systems preferred
• Microsoft Certified Professional preferred
• CCA - Citrix Certified Administrator required within 6 months.
Required skills (if applicable):
• Must have in-depth knowledge of Audio/Video Infrastructure and components, Microsoft AD, Email and Instant Messaging, Collaboration Software Administration, faxing, and Desktop Administration, event coordination, verbal and written communications skills, the ability to make decisions, plan, schedule and organize work, work in teams, and customer service skills.
• Responsible for finding workarounds for immediate end user issues for Audio/Video Endpoints/Infrastructure and Email, Instant Messaging, Fax, and ADFS incidents.
• Finds trends in Incidents to escalate to Engineer II or III (Subject Matter Experts)
• Act as technical resource to Service Desk for Video/Microsoft Infrastructure and Endpoint/Messaging questions by providing ongoing training and creation of Knowledge Management articles.
• Function as an escalation point for technical issues from other network/technical functions and application areas; as wells as ensures high customer satisfaction through feedback and end user engagement.
• Responsible for performing system software/ hardware programing and configuration on THR Endpoint devices such as PC, smartphones, and tablets; and other duties as assigned. Coordinate and Moderator large scale video conferencing events, including equipment preparation and video recording for future playback and distribution.
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures, and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.