Clinical Lab Assistant PRN
Arlington, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Arlington Memorial
Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital is seeking a Clinical Lab Assistant PRN for their laboratory.
• PRN "As Needed"
• Every 3rd weekend, 1st shift, 0500-1330, including holidays. Additional hours/shifts will be variable as needed.
Required Minimum Education:
• High School Diploma or equivalent
Required Minimum Experience:
• Highly Preferred: 1 year of phlebotomy experience in a hospital
• Lab Assistant with point of care experience, preferred. Instruments include I-STAT, Sofia, urine pregnancy, flu testing, etc.
• Prefer: Completion of a one semester course in phlebotomy
• None required
• Prefer: PBT (ASCP)
Required Skills (if applicable):
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to function in a fast-paced environment
• Strong critical thinking, problem solving and organizational skills
• Proficient in basic computer skills
• Prefer: Venipuncture skills with all age groups
Job Responsibilities (Including but not limited to):
• Specimen Integrity
• Test Procedures
• Patient Treatment
• Laboratory Operations
• Professional Accountability
• Quality Control (QC)/Documentation
Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital, a 369-bed acute-care, full-service medical center has been serving Arlington and the surrounding communities since 1958. Hospital services include comprehensive cardiac care, women’s services, neurosciences, cancer services, orthopedics, emergency services and an advanced imaging center. Texas Health Arlington Memorial has over 1,600 employees, 250 volunteers and 630 physicians on its medical staff. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence. For more information, visit TexasHealth.org/Arlington.