Arlington, TX US
Area of Interest:
Health Information Management
Texas Health Arlington Memorial
High school diploma or equivalent required
Prefer Associate's degree in Health Information or related health field
Courses in ICD-9 or ICD-10 and CPT coding, medical terminology, human anatomy & physiology helpful
One year of medical record experience preferred
Strongly prefer coding experience. Coding is a part of the job duties for this position, but this is not a coding only position.
Registrar experience preferred
Certified Tumor Registrar (CTR) certification required within 3 years of hire date
Skills and Abilities:
Knowledge of medical terminology, human anatomy and physiology, familiarity with basic statistics.
Ability to analyze and draw inferences from statistical data.
Human relations and oral/written communications skills.
Ability to work under immediate supervision.
Attention to details, familiarity of contents of the patient record, ability to use resources of other institutions, physician offices and obtain/analyze oncology related data.
• Applies abstracting and coding knowledge as well as communicates effectively with medical staff in order to determine accurate assignment of codes for diagnosis, severity of illness, procedure and treatment, and outcome measures.
• Completes daily analysis of medical records for oncology patients and determines eligibility for case reporting.
• Maintains automated suspense listing of cases to be coded and abstracted and an electronic non-reportable list for state requirements.
• Obtains recurrence, subsequent treatment, and outcome information from internal and external sources at least annually for each oncology patient in the registry and updates the record in the database.
• Assists in data compilation and reporting as necessary.
• Participates in department quality improvement projects.
Keywords: "Chart Abstraction" "Chart Abstracting" "EHR" "Electronic Health Record" "EMR" "Electronic Medical Record" "OncoLog" "ICD-10" "ICD-9"
Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital, a 369-bed acute-care, full-service medical center has been serving Arlington and the surrounding communities since 1958. Hospital services include comprehensive cardiac care, women’s services, neurosciences, cancer services, orthopedics, emergency services and an advanced imaging center. Texas Health Arlington Memorial has over 1,600 employees, 250 volunteers and 630 physicians on its medical staff. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence. For more information, visit TexasHealth.org/Arlington.