Social Worker LMSW Full-time
Allen, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Allen
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen seeks to hire a Social Worker LMSW.
36 hours per week/ Full-time Variable Shifts.
Minimum Education Required:
Master's Degree in Social Work
Minimum Experience Required:
2 Years of Healthcare Related Social Work.
Minimum Licensure/Certifications Required:
LMSW - Licensed Master Social Worker or
LCSW - Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
BCLS- Basic Cardiac Life Support through
AHA- American Heart Association
30 days after hire:
CPI- Crisis Prevention Intervention Training
12 Months after hire:
ACPI- Advanced Crisis Prevention Intervention Training Minimum Skills Required: Fundamental knowledge and skills in Social Work assessment and intervention as well as alternative levels of care, community resources and healthcare industry. Sound interpersonal skills and able to multitask and think critically in a fast paced environment. Independently practices as part of the healthcare team.
Bio Psychosocial Assessment
• Evaluates patient's including screening and assessment of psychological, financial, environmental, and social resources according to policies and procedures and standards of care.
• Develops workable transfer or discharge plan in collaboration with patient/family, physician, and clinical staff.
• Maintains knowledge of alternative levels of care and other healthcare providers post discharge; educates patient/proxy of available options of alternative levels of care.
• Collaborates effectively with physicians and clinical staff using high level verbal and written communications skills.
• Coordinates seamless transitions across the continuum of care.
• Provides referrals to patient/family based on knowledge of community resources to maximize overall functions of daily living, and to promote health.
• Respects the inherent dignity and worth of the person.
• Recognizes the central importance of human relationships.
• Preserves the rights of the patient. Empowers patient and family to promote self-determination, independence, and informed consent.
• Acts on behalf of vulnerable and oppressed individuals or groups and challenges social injustice.
• Identifies cases for Medical Management involvement and takes action to facilitate quality and cost efficient care.
• Applies knowledge of managed care and healthcare practices into coordination of care.
• Promote the philosophy, programs and initiatives of THR and entity within the department.
• Accountable for own professional growth.
• Participate on hospital and system committees as delegated.
• Participates in Process Improvement activities on an ongoing basis.
• Functions as resource for staff and provides educational in-services as needed or requested.
• Participates in new employee orientation.
Legal/Risk Management and Ethics
• Takes action to reduce and eliminate legal risks for the patient, employee, and hospital.
• Recognizes and communicates ethical concerns through established channels of communication.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Allen is a 73-bed, acute-care hospital serving the northern Collin County area since 2000. Hospital services include women’s care, a Level II neonatal intensive care unit, orthopedics, pediatrics, wound care and sleep medicine. Texas Health Allen, a Pathway to Excellence® designated hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, has more than 500 physicians on its medical staff practicing in more than 25 specialties. Texas Health Allen is a World Health Organization-designated "Baby-Friendly Hospital" and was the first hospital in Texas to receive the distinction. The hospital is a Level IV trauma center and an Accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, which makes our facility intensely qualified to serve our community and your professional aspirations.