Fort Worth, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Southwest
Emergency Department, Registered Nurse
“Making it count when moments count”
Check out this great opportunity to join the Texas Health Southwest family.
• 2016 Magnet designated Hospital,
• Center for Excellence
• Texas Health Nursing Education opportunities including NCAP eligibility
• Convenient location in southwest Fort Worth
• We boast 43 beds which serve an average population of 170 - 180 patients per day with care options ranging from minor to critical we strive for excellence with every patient contact.
Texas Health Southwest is a leading provider in the quality emergency care in the Ft. Worth community. With experienced, compassionate and skilled staff we strive to create a patient centered environment by fostering positive teamwork. A high degree of confidentiality, great positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment are required
To review and apply please copy/paste below link
Is this opportunity a match for you?
• Serve as a role model, be an intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and a coordinator for quality patient care. Requires a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
• Shift is 7:00 pm - 4:00 am; (4) 9 hour shifts; weekends and holidays required
• One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program
• A Graduate of a NLN (National League of Nursing) or CCNE (Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education) accredited nursing programs
• Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
• BCLS (AHA) upon hire - expiration date greater than 3 months preferred
• ACLS (AHA) within 6 month of hire
• CPI training within 60 days of hire
• NIHSS within 6 month of hire
• PALS or ENPC within 12 month of hire
• TNCC within 12 month of hire
A few other details:
• BSN preferred;
• RNs hired within THR after January 2017, require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date; RNs hired between January 2014 and December 2016 require completion of BSN within 3 years of start date
• ED or critical care experience (ICU, Flight RN) preferred
Why Texas Health Resources?
Our facilities are located across the greater Dallas – Ft. Worth area with a centrally located corporate office in Arlington, TX. We are one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the US that has the resources to offer a variety of career growth and professional development opportunities with equally remarkable benefits. Join our award-winning Texas Health family and contribute to our mission “to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve”.
A few recent accomplishments we achieved include:
• 2017 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4th year in a row)
• 2017 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (3rd year in a row)
• 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Texas Health provides an environment for optimal success and we pride ourselves on providing eligible employees with a variety of great benefits which include:
• Matching 401 (K) plan, Flex Spending Accounts and a Credit Union
• Tuition reimbursement
• Wellness and Career Development Programs and Adoption Assistance
• Medical, dental and vision insurance for eligible employees
• On-site Child Care and Fitness Centers (at select locations)
• Company Volunteer days
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
“RN", “Registered Nurse", “Sigma Theta Tau", “BSN", “Associate Nurse" , “Diploma Nurse" , “Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing", “**Nur" , “nurse clinician", “clinical nurse", “TX, North Texas", "Fort Worth", "Travel Nurse", Agency Nurse", “Acute Care”, “CEN", "ED", "Emerg", "Emergency Department",
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth is a 222-bed full-service facility that includes surgical and imaging services, a 24-hour emergency department, orthopedics and sports therapy, adult critical care, and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Southwest Fort Worth, which has been serving Tarrant County residents since 1987, has 1,100 employees, 120 volunteers, and more than 600 physicians on its medical staff. The hospital is a Pathway to Excellence® designated hospital by American Nurses Credentialing Center, a designated UnitedHealth Premium Surgical Spine specialty center and has earned Quality Respiratory Care Recognition from the AARC. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.