Plano, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Plano
Work Hours/ Schedule: 3 Day Per week Monday-Friday 8am-4pm
Graduate of an AMA-approved Radiology program required
Associates degree preferred.
Licensure / Certification :
ARRT (American Registry of Radiologic Technologists) required upon hire
CMRT (Certified Medical Radiologic Technologist) by ether TDH or TMB required upon hire
BCLS (Basic Cardiac Life Support) required upon hire
2 years Radiology experience required.
1 year of hospital experience preferred.
Minimum Skill Requirements:
Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, self-directed and independent; ability to supervise and lead. Ability to multi-task; venipuncture, and cathetherization
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Prepares room for exam
- Performs complex procedures including age-related criteria and development considerations.
- Reviews daily and weekly exams to prepare in advance for staffing needs,
- Establish daily and weekly work assignments,
- Conflict management within score
- Coordinates exams workflow with PCT’s and within all modalities as needed
- Demonstrate correct anatomical and positional annotations and information on images
- Orients new hires to department protocols.
- Knowledge of technique parameters to deliver high quality images
- Properly collimate and shield according to ALARA concepts
- QA Image – Interpretation skills to determine if need for repeat, instruct new staff
- Demonstrates ability to send images, record patient information and retrieve information.
- Merge and problem solve images
- Safeguards personal information of others
- Ensure all records are handled in a proper manner.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services and a Level III NICU. Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties. The hospital is an Advanced Level III Trauma Facility, accredited Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission, named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. Texas Health Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint Replacement – Hip and Joint Replacement – Knee and an Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.