Arlington, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Resources System Services
Join a Healthcare System that is ranked #1 as Fortune’s 2015, 2016 and 2017 “Best Workplaces in Health Care" where Helping Hands and Caring Hearts makes a difference!
At Texas Health we are dedicated to finding people to help us fulfill our commitment to make health care human again. We staff our exemplary hospital with health care professionals who approach every patient, every colleague, every physician and every family member with compassion. Come join us on our Journey as we rise to the next level!
The perioperative clinical educator works within an Perioperative Nursing discipline to partner with leadership in the design of relevant education, as well as partner in the integration and deployment of education across the Texas Health Resources system.
Day shift, 2 days/week, some evenings and weekends to meet needs
Minimum Education required:
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
Master's Degree in Nursing, Education, or related Healthcare field preferred.
Minimum Experience required:
At least 3 years perioperative clinical experience; one year staff development or adult education experience and/or demonstrated expertise.
Current RN license in state of Texas.
Effective leadership and interpersonal skills; verbal and written communication skills in English; current knowledge of professional and health care issues and nursing practice. Well organized. Must be tech savvy and have familiarity with utilizing a Learning Management System.
• Helps move clinical staff through changes by partnering in the adoption of new clinical practices on the unit. Provide clinical coaching to staff in order to drive adoption of new tools.
• Serves as a clinical skill development consultant to management for assigned client groups: discusses and identifies skill development needs and participates in the evaluation and monitoring of competency development programs, life support programs, onboarding programs, student placement needs, and processes as well as continuing education efforts.
• Serves on entity level root cause analysis teams, conducts board of nursing investigation practices, partners with Unit Based Councils, and serves on NCAP committee (as appropriate).
Clinical Competency Management
• Maintains entity documentation for clinical competency both in terms of tracking and local.
• Partners with Coordinator in the storage, filing, and documentations for accreditation purposes.
Program Design, Development, and Implementation
• Partners in the development and implementation of clinical skill/competency development solutions, in service of the unit, department, entity/system high risk/low volume activity.
• Develops and implements clinical skills development solutions for changes in clinical practice, including documentation.
• Partners in development and implementation of onboarding programs, transition residency programs, clinical academic partnership placement, continuing education deployment, safety training across the organization.
• Regularly communicate with client group to determine needs, outcomes, and satisfaction.
• Identifies issues and trouble shoots them as appropriate.
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures, and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.