Azle, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Azle
Check out this great opportunity to join the Texas Health Azle family.
•Level IV Trauma Center
•Texas Health Nursing Education opportunities including NCAP eligibility
•Convenient location north-west of Fort Worth
Texas Health Azle has a part-time RN opportunity in their ICU Department (6 beds) providing high acuity level of care to a wide variety of patients at a 2 or 3:1 patient to nurse ratio for patients with diagnosis such as respiratory failure, multisystem organ failure, renal failure, cardiovascular issues, isolation patients, etc.
Is this opportunity a match for you?
•Serve as a role model, be an intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and a coordinator for quality patient care. A high degree of confidentiality, positive inter-personal skills and ability to function in a fast-paced environment is required.
•Shift is 7:00 pm - 7:00 am; (2) 12 hour shifts; weekends and holidays required
•One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program
•A Graduate of a NLN (National League of Nursing) or CCNE (Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education) accredited nursing programs
•Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
•Current BCLS (AHA) upon hire – expiration date greater than 3 month preferred
•Current ACLS (AHA) or within 90 days of hire
•CPI training within 60 days of hire and NIHSS within 90 month of hire
A few other details:
• BSN preferred; RNs hired within THR after January 2017, require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date; RNs hired between January 2014 and December 2016 require completion of BSN within 3 years of start date
• ICU/PCU/ Tele or ED experience preferred
• Basic Computer skills needed
Practices within the regulations of the Texas Nurse Practice Act
Serves as a role model, intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and coordinator for quality patient care
Delivers care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process
• assesses the patient
• plans the care of the patient
• intervenes as appropriate
• evaluates the effectiveness of interventions
• Incorporates age specific safety/infection control measures into patient care.
• Initiates action to meet patient and/or significant others need for information
• Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift, inter-hospital, and while expediting out of hospital transfers
Why Texas Health Resources?
Our facilities are located across the greater Dallas – Ft. Worth area with a centrally located corporate office in Arlington, TX. We are one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the US that has the resources to offer a variety of career growth and professional development opportunities with equally remarkable benefits. Join our award-winning Texas Health family and contribute to our mission “to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve”.
A few recent accomplishments we achieved include:
• 2017 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4th year in a row)
• 2017 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (3rd year in a row)
• 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Texas Health provides an environment for optimal success and we pride ourselves on providing eligible employees with a variety of great benefits which include:
• Matching 401 (K) plan, Flex Spending Accounts and a Credit Union
• Tuition reimbursement
• Wellness and Career Development Programs and Adoption Assistance
• Competitive compensation packages / Relocation Coach
• Medical, dental and vision insurance for eligible employees
• Life, AD&D and Long Term Care Insurance and Disability Coverage
• On-site Child Care and Fitness Centers (at select locations)
• Company Volunteer days
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
“RN", “Registered Nurse", “Post Surgical", “Sigma Theta Tau", “BSN", “Associate Nurse" , “Diploma Nurse" , “Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing", “**Nur" , “nurse clinician", “clinical nurse", “Medical Surgical Tele", “TX, North Texas", “Fort Worth", “TX, North Texas", "Telemetry", 'PCU", "Progressive Care", "PCCN", "Travel Nurse", Agency Nurse", "Sub acute", “Acute Care”, ”ICU”, Critical Care”, ”Intensive Care Unit”, “CCRN”,
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Azle is a community-based hospital serving the suburban areas of Azle, Lake Worth, Springtown and the surrounding areas. Located about 20 miles northwest of downtown Fort Worth, Texas Health Azle provides numerous services, including emergency medicine, surgical care, cardiology, wound care, pain management, radiology, rehabilitation services and an adult intensive care unit. Texas Health Azle is a Level IV trauma center, accredited in Chest Pain Management with distinction by the Joint Commission, and a 2013 National 100 Top Hospital by Truven Health Analytics, which makes our facility intensely qualified to serve our community and your professional aspirations.