Arlington, TX US
Area of Interest:
Health Information Management
Texas Health Resources System Services
Texas Health Resources seeks to hire an Supervisor HIM Operations to work full-time.
40 hours weekly, Monday-Friday
Associate's Degree in HIM or related field and 4 years related work experience or
Bachelor's Degree in HIM or a related field.
2 Years HIM services or related healthcare experience and previous leadership (Team Lead, Supervisor or Manager).
RHIT - Registered Health Information Technician upon hire
RHIA - Registered Health Information Administrator preferred.
Knowledge of a complex acute care hospital or hospital system’s Health Information Management department. Knowledge of The Joint Commission and CMS medical record documentation regulations and ability to learn state requirements.
Understanding of HIM processes in an electronic health record environment with ability to research, design, and implement best practices. Strong problem solving/critical thinking skills. Troubleshoot, isolate and lead resolutions of issues. Knowledgeable in compiling and reporting statistical data. Ability to lead team, projects, and processes. Must be able to solve problems effectively and recommend creative resolutions. Excellent computer skills with proficient knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint. Ability to initiate action and creatively solves problems, meet goals, and produce results through effective supervision of employees. Effective oral and written communication skills. Effective problem solving skills with ability to deal with physicians, employees, and other hospital staff.
1 . Provide oversight of medical records auditing and completion activities enterprise-wide.
2. Monitor staffing to ensure productivity, quality, and data standards are met and maintained.
3. Monitor productivity metrics for staff and provide timely feedback to improve performance.
4. Adjust staffing to meet KPI goals.
5. Serves as subject matter expert for staff within the operations department.
5. Train staff on medical record documentation auditing for accuracy and completeness.
7. Train staff on suspension of medical staff for completion of medical records.
8. Provide guidance in meeting Enterprise Revenue Cycle HIMS' –targets for the Physician portion of the discharged not final billed (DNFB).
9. Collaborate with providers and their offices, entity leadership, treatment areas, and records management to meet Joint Commission, CMS, and Texas Administrative Code, hospitals’ Rules and Regulation and other regulatory agencies to facilitate compliance with regulatory standards and meet Revenue Cycle targets.
10. Compile, analyze, track, and trend data to make sound decisions. Provide data to manager/director
11. Proficient in utilizing software applications such as EMR, revenue cycle, coding, document management systems, etc.
1. Audit and analyze work product of staff to ensure adherence to THR Policies and Procedures, hospital rules and regs, and other regulatory standards.
2. Identify quality trends and provide timely feedback and education of quality review results.
3. Evaluate competency of staff and provide feedback, as appropriate.
4. Provide guidance on employee education and development of skills.
5. Collect and analyze data from various data sources, including; the electronic health record, the Revenue Cycle system, Call Center Software, etc.
6. Provide valid and accurate data to HIMS Leadership.
Management of Human Resources
1. Monitoring time and attendance of employees, document improvement needed and provide counseling as needed for improvement.
2. Interviewing and providing input on selection of employees.
3. Coaching and mentoring employees in order to improve performance and professional growth.
4. Assist staff in building relationships and responding to internal and external requestors/customers.
5. Providing open communication to staff.
6. Partner with Manager in managing change at the staff level.
1. Assist with system upgrades and workflow enhancement.
2. Trouble shoot technical issues and escalate to ITS, as appropriate.
3. Partner with ITS to leverage technology to increase productivity and quality outcomes.
4. Subject Matter Expert with EMR as it relates to Deficiency Tracking.
5. Subject Matter Expert with Revenue Cycle and Transcription System.
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures, and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence