Cleburne, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Cleburne
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Cleburne is seeking a Rad Mammographer Lead.
Work Hours/Schedule: Full Time, M-F, 8:00am to 4:30pm
Qualifications are as follows:
*Graduate of an accredited school of radiologic
technology is required
*Associate's Degree is preferred
*Two (2) years of experience in mammography is required
*One (1) year digital experience preferred
*Team Lead Mammography experience preferred
*ARRT(R)- American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Mammography Upon Hire is required
*CMRT - Certified Medical Radiologic Technologist Either by the TDH or TMB Upon Hire is required
*BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire is required
Computer skills; Communication skills to include speaking and understanding English language; Excellent customer service skills; Prefer venipuncture
Staff Supervision and Management of Daily Department Activities:
1. Schedules staff to provide adequate coverage of all shifts including vacation schedules, absenteeism and turnover
2. Oversees orientation, training and cross-training of new staff to department, assesses their ability to work independently, communicates policies and
procedures to staff, and verifies orientation paperwork
3. Assists in Implementing and monitoring performance evaluation procedures, establishing professional development goals, and counseling staff on an ongoing basis as appropriate
4. Acts as a technical resource for staff by providing ongoing instruction and assistance with procedures, equipment and PACS.
5. Organizes, maintains and updates records of purchases, ordered exams, statistics, and other lists
6. Assists with interview and selection of new employees.
7. Ensures patient care is efficiently and effectively maintained. Monitors and investigates complaints regarding patient care.
Direct Patient Care:
1. Performs mammograms and diagnostic radiographs.
2. Produce quality images in mammography as defined by the American College of Radiology guidelines.
3. Possesses standard and advanced positioning skills.
4. Performs quality diagnostic radiology exams for general radiography and fluoroscopic exams.
5. Greets patient in a courteous manner.
6. Introduces self by name and explains procedure to patient and family if necessary.
a. Phantom images, visual inspections, compression checks, screen contract, peer reviews, monthly check list for all
b. Informs Physicist when any repairs are done on the mammography units as needed.
2. Equipment Maintenance:
a. Keeps logs, PM and physicist survey on all x-ray, equipment.
3. Repeat Rates:
a. Collects and tabulates repeat rates for diagnostic radiology, mammography and stereotactic table.
4. Diagnostic Radiology:
a. Visual inspections for the R F, Tomo, mammo rooms and apron and glove leak checks, screen contact, peer review and technologist peer review.
a. Arrange for calibrations, arrange for electrical checks, review and update all QA books, review all standards (ACR/TDH/FDA and JCAHO), distribute film badges, generate and distribute continuing education certificates.
b. Responsible for annual inspection by TDH and FDA.
c. Attend monthly departmental staff meetings.
d. Responsible for completing quarterly QI report for QRMC.
Non Direct Patient Care:
a. Accurately enters patient data in RIS system for patient tracking and patient exam verification (billing of exam).
b. Present patient case history and images to Radiologists for review by pulling images from PACS and hanging analog films on multiviewers as needed.
2. Training, Education, and Team Support:
a. Meets or exceeds continuing education requirements for mammography and diagnostic radiology as deemed necessary from Texas Department of Health, American College of Health, American College of Radiology, and FDA/MQSA guidelines.
b. Attends monthly departmental staff meetings and mandatory in services.
c. Follows department specific/hospital policies in reference to absences, tardies, time and attendance, supervisor notification, and the importance of wearing ID badge visible to patients, customers, and hospital staff and physicians.
1. Verify patient with two identifiers.
2. Maintain equipment-clean and inspect, report any malfunctions.
3. Respond to emergency situations appropriately.
4. Recognize safety hazards; acts to protect patients, self and others.
1. Attends monthly staff meetings.
2. Work collaboratively with the Departmental Director, TL Rad Mammographer and the Leadership Team for Process Improvement.
3. Work toward becoming more effective with the leadership team regarding strategic objectives, synergistic of department growth.
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Cleburne is a 137-bed, full-service hospital that has served Cleburne and the Johnson County area since 1986. Located about 35 miles south of Fort Worth, hospital services include surgery, women’s care, gastroenterology, orthopedics and ear, nose and throat care. The center has have over 80 physicians on its medical staff and has been recognized as a 2013 Top Performer for Quality Care in a nationwide performance improvement project, an accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, and designated a Pathway to Excellence® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center. Recognitions like these make our facility intensely qualified to serve our community and your professional aspirations.