Arlington, TX US
Area of Interest:
Health Information Management
Texas Health Resources System Services
Texas Health Resources, one of the largest faith-based nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States, is hiring a full time Manager HIM Quality Audits and Reporting. The manager will lead a team of quality analysts that has the responsibility of collecting data, analyzing data, and reporting data to the various stakeholder across the enterprise. The primary focus will be to analyze the data to ensure the organization is meeting regulatory standards – CMS, TJC, and state requirements. The team will provide reports to influence change with the medical staff. The team will also provide reports utilizing coded data for the medical staff.
Monday - Friday 8 am to 5 pm.
Location: Arlington, TX
Required Minimum Education:
Bachelor's Degree in Business, Health Information Management, Healthcare Administration, Computer Science, or related
Required Minimum Experience:
Three years experience in Healthcare setting working with auditing clinical documentation, compiling and interpreting data.Reporting data in a meaningful way, to influence positive outcomes.
Leadership experience preferred.
Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA)
Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT)
Certified Health Data Analyst (CHDA)
Certified Professional in Health Informatics (CHPI)
Knowledge of workflows within the electronic health record, preferably within Epic. Ability to track records and manage multiple projects, prioritize work to meet deadlines, and following through on commitments. Strong knowledge of project management principals. Results oriented and ability to work with data to drive decisions to include, auditing and interpreting data. Demonstrated process improvement experience, preferably in healthcare. Exceptional analytical and conceptual thinking skills. Expert knowledge with Microsoft Office Products – Word, Excel, SharePoint, etc. Basic knowledge of ICD-10 coding system. Ability to understand and interpret medical documentation requirements from federal, state, and accreditation requirements (CMS, TJC, etc.) Strong oral and written communication skills and excellent presentation skills.
Management of operations, data collection, data analysis, and data reporting
1. Provide direct oversight of day-to-day operations of collecting data, analysis of data, identifying trends and opportunities.
2. Provide direct oversight of day-to-day operations of providing data and meaningful reports to various stakeholders – CMO, Medical Staff Members, Providers, entities and system executives.
3. Manage employees to ensure KPI, productivity, quality, customer service level, and data standards are met and maintained.
4. Revaluate and adjust productivity and quality standards as the department evolves due to internal and external changes.
5. Continuous scanning of environment for regulatory changes that impacts clinical documentation requirements and deploying auditing tools to adapt to changes.
6. Identify, design, and implement efficient and effective auditing tools to identified opportunities for improvement in clinical documentation and in staff work products across the HIMS Operations & Regulatory Compliance Department.
Provide cross-functional support across CDI/HIMS Division
1) Compile and analyze CDI/HIMS dashboard data to enable transparency, identify patterns/trends to improve performance of the CDI/HIMS division.
2) Compile data and generate reports for various strategic projects across the CDI/HIMS Division.
3) Conduct annual system-wide reporting needs assessment, compile data and develop action plans.
4) Utilize project management disciplines and methodologies to implement strategic initiatives across the enterprise and CDI/HIMS Division.
Management of Human Resources
1) Monitor employees’ performance, provide regular feedback and intercede promptly to address performance issues.
2) Effectively recruit, develop, and retain qualified staff.
3) Promote professional growth, development, and accountability of staff through regular rounding and feedback to staff.
4) Coach and mentor staff in order to improve performance and expand responsibility
5) Identify talent and actively develop skills.
6) Direct, manage and leverage staff expertise to accomplish goals enterprise-wide.
Management of Financial Resources
1. Assist in preparation of annual operating budgets for cost center.
2. Manage approved budget to meet financial goals and expectations.
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures, and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.