Denton, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Denton
Texas Health Denton is seeking to hire a Non-Registered Vascular Cardiac Sonographer to work PRN as needed Monday to Friday (7 am - 5 pm), one weekend a month and on call in the Radiology Special Procedures Department.
Qualifications are as follows:
***High School Diploma or equivalent is required
***Associate's Degree from an accredited school of ultrasound technology is preferred
***BCLS-Basic Cardiac Life Support upon hire
***One (1) year of Vascular Cardiac Sonographer experience is preferred
Perform vascular testing: Echo, TEE, Carotid/Arterial/Venous duplex studies
Good communication and excellent customer
>Performing vascular testing: Echo, TEE, Carotid/Arterial/Venous duplex studies.
>Good communication and excellent customer
>Imaging Procedures, Quality and Processing
• Explains procedures to patient or guardian/family member if applicable prior to exam
• Positions patient to correct anatomical area of interest
• Performs complex procedures including age related criteria and developmental considerations.
• Adjusts techniques parameters appropriately for age related factor.
• Assists cardiologist with TEE procedures, Stress Echos, and other complex procedures using appropriate
• Vascular Testing: Carotid/Arterial/Venous Duplex Studies
• Maintains attention to details.
• Processes and manipulates images, analyzes image quality, troubleshoots, makes technique adjustments or
repeat procedures as needed.
• Correctly maintains images on various electronic media, exports studies to physician reading station and
maintains image data files.
• Coordinates with Centralized Scheduling, Cardiovascular Services, physicians and other modalities, doctor’s office
• Recognizes normal and abnormal anatomy and physiology relevant to vascular exams.
• Vascular exams include cerebrovascular, transcranial, arterial and venous modalities.
• Demonstrates safe, proactive patient care skills.
• Demonstrates basic computer skills.
• Demonstrates proper utilization and upkeep of equipment
• Vascular/Echo skills: Produces quality vascular exams following department policies and procedures and
• Employs relevant guidelines set forth by SVU and SDMS, including scope of practice.
• Uses multidisciplinary, team oriented actions
• Assesses and recognizes the patient’s emotional, physical, developmental, cognitive and psychosocial conditions.
• Prepares room for examination (i.e., suction, oxygen, supplies).
• Checks physician orders and exam requisitions using time out procedures
• Greets and acknowledges patients using two forms of ID
• Obtains patient history
• Handles patients with IVs, oxygen, chest tubes or other devices and monitors patients during imaging
• Demonstrates knowledge of emergency drugs and equipment
• Uses proper body mechanics when assisting patients
• Processes patient information, displays proper phone etiquette and transports patients as needed.
>Equipment Operation and Maintenance
• Adjusts technical factors
• Operates, cares for and maintains equipment
• Applies knowledge of physics and accessories
• Troubleshoots and properly documents equipment malfunction
• Maintains equipment and room to sanitary standards
• Stocks supplies
• Exchanges and maintains radiology film badges
• Demonstrates the knowledge and understanding of quality control and regulatory standards.
>Professional Accountability and Partnership
• Maintains and enhances technical skills and technology advancement
• Attends departmental continuing education, meetings and checks email
• Identifies, troubleshoots and initiates quality improvement
• Manages time and re-prioritizes as necessary
• Performs assignments deemed necessary by supervisor.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton is a 255-bed, full-service hospital that has served North Texas and southern Oklahoma since 1987. Hospital services include heart and vascular care, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, orthopedics and sports medicine, pain management, emergency medicine, and a weight loss surgery program. As one of the largest employers in Denton County, Texas Health Denton has more than 1,000 employees and more than 325 physicians on its medical staff practicing in more than 45 specialties. Located 45 miles northwest of downtown Dallas and 40 miles northeast of downtown Fort Worth, Texas Health Denton is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, a Joint Commission accredited Primary Stroke Center and a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.