Dallas, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Organization for Physicians
Texas Health Resources is hiring for a full time Manager Post Acute Care Management for Population Health Services Company.
This position will lead our Post Acute Care Management team to deliver successful management of ACO patients needing post acute care.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday - Days
Location: UT Southwestern and 25-50% travel throughout Dallas area.
5 Yrs- Healthcare experience to include: experience in a managed care and physician practice setting, experience in and expert knowledge of continuum of care (hospital, acute rehab, skilled nursing facilities, home health, and hospice), and experience in ACO environment/risk adjustment programs.
Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Social Work, or
other related healthcare field.
Must have either LBSW, LMSW or RN license.
•Practiced in and knowledgeable of Medicare Advantage and commercial accountable care programs in an outpatient physician setting and continuum of care coordination a plus.
•Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, managers, healthcare professionals, physicians and other members of senior administration and the general public.
•Data mining, analytical reporting skills required. Must be able to review data to make recommendations and take action.
•Operational oriented with the ability to process map within the culture across the organization.
• Strong communicator with patients and all levels of patient care management.
- Provides direct managerial oversight of daily operations for all or part of the facility team and/or the Care Coordination program which includes licensed registered nurses and social workers as well as non-licensed administrative support staff.
- Plans, organizes, and implements company-wide care management functions for efficient and effective operations.
- Coordinates, supervises, and administers programs involved in researching and analyzing clinic needs and designing programs to meet those needs. Works with leadership and staff to set program goals, direct implementation of initiatives, and analyze data to determine effectiveness.
- Employs data driven analysis to direct performance improvement activities, provide project management and facilitation, oversight and development, coordination, implementation, evaluation of quality assessment, and performance improvement activities related to the care managers and administrative staff.
- Defines, implements, and monitors metrics for program performance. Evaluate the programs completeness of tasks, need for process improvement, and day-to-day operations.
- Deploys strategic business development, growth, and operations practices for all programs. Maintains a focus on the systems and procedures required to accomplish the Accountable Care objectives in the marketplace while ensuring coordination and synergy with other organizational departments.
- Formulates and implements a Care Coordination program plan addressing the medical, behavioral, and social needs of the accountable care initiatives which include full risk contracts.
- Oversee, direct, and effectively expand strategic goals into specific operating and business plans. Ensure decisions are in line with organizational compliance with legal, regulatory, and accreditation requirements.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Care Coordination leadership.
STAFFING AND FINANCIAL ACCOUNTABILITY
- Develops policies, procedures, and standards to direct the Care Coordination program.
- Monitors the CMs and CMSSs for program performance metrics for productivity and quality standards.
- Provides direct management of CMs and CMSSs, which includes monitoring job performance evaluations, hiring, coaching, and counseling associates, and conducting/documenting corrective action as needed.
- Plans and conducts regular training and staff meetings to facilitate team building, communication, problem solving, and obtain staff input/feedback.
- Oversees the periodic review of all processes and procedures to identify opportunities for improving quality and consistency for the facility team and/or Care Management Team goals as well as the missions and values of the ACO.
- Directs and effectively expands strategic goals into daily operations while ensuring decisions are in compliance with organizational legal, regulatory, and accreditation requirements.
- Monitors financial performance of all programs to ensure operation within budget.
- Provides direct communication with the Director to ensure that the program is performing satisfactorily on an ongoing basis. Implement action plans to correct variances.
- Facilitates collaboration with Commercial Accountable Care and Medicare Advantage representatives to enhance Care Coordination programs while addressing and ensuring that contractual quality measures are met and providing
physician education to increase understanding of Accountable Care programs.
- Develops and maintains Accountable Care provider and/or facility network alliances that achieve cost performance objectives to produce affordable, predictable products for quality and cost effective patient outcomes.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Care Coordination leadership
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures, and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.