Bedford, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health HEB
Texas Health Resources has a full time opportunity for a Clinical Nurse Leader to support Texas Health HEB. This is a unique opportunity to directly impact discharge and care plans, to increase patient satisfaction, and to reduce readmission rates. The successful candidate will have the following qualifications.
Minimum Education Required: Master's Degree Clinical Nurse Leader
Minimum Licensure/Certifications Required:
RN licensure upon hire, BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support within 30 days of hire, ACLS - Advanced Cardiac Life Support within 60 days, CNL - Clinical Nurse Leader, CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training within 60 Days
Minimum Experience Required: 5 Years current hospital experience; 2 Years direct patient care experience
Minimum Skills Required: Basic computer skills, Interpersonal skills, collaboration and negotiation skills, effective oral and written skills, proficiency in nursing process, problem solving, and performance improvement process.
Hours/Work Schedule: 40 hours 1st shift.
• Oversees the management of patient care.
• Identifies the need for consultation services of Advanced Practice Nurses and/or other allied health care providers.
• Facilitates the integration of multiple disciplines to achieve highest and optimal patient outcomes.
• Demonstrates expertise in the care of a designated patient population.
• Serves as a resource to nursing staff for complex patient care issues.
• Synthesizes multiple data elements to evaluate and achieve optimal patient/population outcomes.
• Assimilates and applies research-based information to design, implement and evaluate patients' plans of care.
• Serves as a steward of resources: fiscal, personnel, materials, and time.
• Articulates patient needs, concerns, perspective to physician and other care providers.
• Advocates and negotiates within the health care system to meet the needs of the patient.
• Utilizes appropriate teaching principles and strategies to teach patient and family members.
• Contributes to staff development
Microsystems Analyst/Risk Anticipator:
• Utilizes quality improvement methodologies to improve patient outcomes.
• Participates in Failure Mode Evaluation Analysis, root cause analysis to evaluate system failures and patient safety practices
Member of a Profession:
• Advocates for professional standards of practice using organizational and political processes.
• Demonstrates professional independence in the practice of nursing
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Hurst-Euless-Bedford is a 296-bed, acute-care facility serving Northeast Tarrant County since 1973. With more than 550 physicians on its medical staff, hospital services include outpatient surgery, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, a dedicated oncology unit and cardiac rehabilitation. Texas Health HEB recently received a dual accreditation as a Cycle IV Chest Pain Center and Heart Failure Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, is certified as a Primary Stroke Center and a designated "Baby Friendly" facility by WHO and UNICEF. Our location brings the best of suburban living, offering you the benefits of convenience and solid career opportunities.