Fort Worth, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Southwest
Telemetry Registered Nurse, Southwest, Fort Worth
Check out this great opportunity to join the Texas Health Southwest Fort Worth family.
•2016 Magnet designated Hospital
•Texas Health Nursing Education opportunities including NCAP eligibility
•Convenient location in southwest Fort Worth
Texas Health Southwest has a full-time RN opportunity in their Telemetry Department (21 bed) providing telemetry and Med/Surg level of care for the general medical/surgical, endocrine GI/renal patient population ages Adult to Geriatric at a 5:1 patient to nurse ratio on days and 5/6:1 on nights working 12 hour shifts.
Is this opportunity a match for you?
Requires a high degree of confidentiality, positive inter-personal skills and ability to function in a fast-paced environment
One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse, or completion of an RN residency program
A Graduate of a NLN (National League of Nursing) or CCNE (Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education) accredited nursing programs
•Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire
•Current BCLS (AHA) upon hire – expiration date greater than 3 month preferred
•Current ACLS (AHA) upon hire
•CPI training within 60 days of hire and NIHSS within 6 month of hire
Shift is 7:00 pm - 7:00 am; (3) 12 hour shifts; weekends and holidays required
A few other details:
• BSN preferred; RNs hired within THR after January 2017, require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date; RNs hired between January 2014 and December 2016 require completion of BSN within 3 years of start date
• Tele experience preferred, will consider Med/Surg experience
• Basic Computer skills
Practices within the regulations of the Texas Nurse Practice Act
Serves as a role model, intra/interdisciplinary collaborator and coordinator for quality patient care
Delivers care to patients utilizing the Nursing Process
• assesses the patient
• plans the care of the patient
• intervenes as appropriate
• evaluates the effectiveness of interventions
• Incorporates age specific safety/infection control measures into patient care.
• Initiates action to meet patient and/or significant others need for information
• Maintains continuity of patient care inter-shift, inter-hospital, and while expediting out of hospital transfers
Why Texas Health Resources?
Our facilities are located across the greater Dallas – Ft. Worth area with a centrally located corporate office in Arlington, TX. We are one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the US that has the resources to offer a variety of career growth and professional development opportunities with equally remarkable benefits. Join our award-winning Texas Health family and contribute to our mission “to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve”.
A few recent accomplishments we achieved include:
• 2017 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®” (4th year in a row)
• 2017 Becker's Healthcare "150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare" (3rd year in a row)
• 2018 Employees’ Choice “Best Places to Work” by Glassdoor
Texas Health provides an environment for optimal success and we pride ourselves on providing eligible employees with a variety of great benefits which include:
• Matching 401 (K) plan, Flex Spending Accounts and a Credit Union
• Tuition reimbursement
• Wellness and Career Development Programs and Adoption Assistance
• Competitive compensation packages / Relocation Coach
• Medical, dental and vision insurance for eligible employees
• Life, AD&D and Long Term Care Insurance and Disability Coverage
• On-site Child Care and Fitness Centers (at select locations)
• Company Volunteer days
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
“RN”, “Registered Nurse”, M/S, “Medical Surgical”, “Med/Surge”, “M”, “Medical and Surgical”, Nursing, “Registered Nurse”, RN, “MS RN”, “Medical Surgical Nurse”, “Medical Unit”, “Post Surgical” “Sigma Theta Tau”, “ “BSN”, “Associate Nurse” “Diploma Nurse” “BSN” “Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing” “**Nur” “, “nurse clinician”, “clinical nurse”, “Medical Surgical Tele”, “TX, North Texas”, “Fort Worth”,
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth is a 222-bed full-service facility that includes surgical and imaging services, a 24-hour emergency department, orthopedics and sports therapy, adult critical care, and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Southwest Fort Worth, which has been serving Tarrant County residents since 1987, has 1,100 employees, 120 volunteers, and more than 600 physicians on its medical staff. The hospital is a Pathway to Excellence® designated hospital by American Nurses Credentialing Center, a designated UnitedHealth Premium Surgical Spine specialty center and has earned Quality Respiratory Care Recognition from the AARC. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.