Arlington, TX US
THR Advisory Services
Area of Interest:
Information Services or Technology
Texas Health Resources System Services
Texas Health Resources is seeking an ITS Asset Analyst.
This position serves as the subject matter expert and primary point of contact for all issues related to ITS Asset Management. Responsible analysis to support the effective management of organizational hardware and software assets, whether owned and managed by IT, third-party service providers or business units outside IT.
Required Minimum Education:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business or relevant field (or 4 years’ experience in a complex IT environment with experience in asset management systems, advance spreadsheet usage and/or report development in lieu of a degree)
Required Minimum Experience:
• 2 years of Information Technology experience, preferably supporting the management of IT hardware and software assets with a Bachelor's Degree preferred
• 6 years of Information Technology experience, preferably supporting the management of IT hardware and software assets with no degree required.
Skills and Abilities:
• Familiarity with purchasing systems and corporate intranets
• Familiarity with various types of vendor hardware and software contracts and license agreements in a complex environment
• Understanding and use of database reporting tools, such as SQL, Power BI, or Tableau
• Knowledge in the use of ITSM and/or IT Software Asset Management applications (highly desired)
• Strong user of MS office suite, in particular MS Excel, Outlook and Word
• Strong analytical, data-gathering and problem-solving skills
• Ability to work independently and prioritize time-sensitive assignments to meet critical deadlines while maintaining efficiency and accuracy
• Strong customer service orientation to both internal and external customers
• Strong degree of detail orientation, accuracy, analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to work with other people, team skills with a positive work attitude
• Excellent verbal, writing and interpersonal skills
Manage and maintain asset management database
• Partner with other ITS departments to design, configure and/or program Asset Management databases as needed to maximize Asset Management efficiencies
• Update and maintain data for hardware/software assets in relation to requisition, procurement, deployment, maintenance and retirement including receiving, recording, and archiving software license keys in the Software Asset Management (SAM) database or Definitive Software Library (DSL) as appropriate
• Perform data audits to identify discrepancies in the Asset Management database and resolve/escalate them as appropriate
• Administers the hardware/software asset support and maintenance renewal process while maximizing opportunities for value creation
• Maintains and ensures the validity of records relating to the issuing of license keys and loan of software media and hardware devices
• Analyze Asset Management data, identify areas for cost savings through the oversight of reserve software, device/license recycling, and optimal licensing practices, and make recommendation to senior leadership for the same
• Works with senior leadership in developing and maintaining the policies, processes, and procedures related to Asset Management
Asset management program support
• Serve as subject matter expert and primary point of contact regarding software and hardware usage, deployment, license availability and external vendor license audit report requests
• Develop, prepare and deliver asset operational reviews and other summaries of asset performance as required by stakeholders
• As required by Asset Manager, communicate asset processes and educate users in proper asset handling procedures
• Design, development, and generation of asset reports to communicate and monitor compliance, liability and budgetary data
• Monitor changes to license terms and conditions
• Notify stakeholders of license changes that are relevant to them and arrange license briefings as appropriate
Other duties as assigned
• Providing licensing date and advice to the project management office, enterprise architecture and support teams as needed
• Participates in special projects
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures, and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.