Denton, TX US
B/U Maternal Newborn
Area of Interest:
Patient Support Services
Texas Health Denton
Texas Health Denton seeks to hire a PCT working Part time nights, 7:00 PM- 7:00 AM, for the Mother Baby Unit. The work schedule for this position includes rotating weekends and holidays.
At Texas Health we are dedicated to finding people to help us fulfill our commitment to make health care human again. We staff our exemplary hospital with health care professionals who approach every patient, every colleague, every physician and every family member with compassion. Come join us on our Journey as we rise to the next level.
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
Required minimum experience: None required.
Required license/certification: Current Texas Certified Nurse’s Aide
Graduate of an approved Hospital specific PCT Training Program (i.e. THFW or Center For Learning Program)
Nursing student who has completed fundamentals or
Military experience with medical training equivalent.
QUALITY AND SAFETY:
- Assists in the identification of ineffective and costly processes and takes action to improve them.
- Participates in the process improvement activities within the department/hospital.
- Adheres to National Patient Safety Goals
CARE OF PATIENT/TECHNICAL SKILLS:
- Provides assistance to patient according to plan of care.
- Collects patient data, identifies and reports significant findings to nurse.
- Assists in admission/transfer/discharge.
- Provides and Revises patient activities of daily living based on patient/family preferences.
- Performs technical procedures safely and proficiently.
- Takes action to reduce or eliminate patient risk.
- Enters orders into computer or manual system if applicable.
- Documents accurately and appropriately.
- In collaboration/consultation with the nurse, adapts care to reflect patient population.
- In collaboration/consultation with nurse, incorporates cultural/religious needs and beliefs into delivery of care.
- Keeps patient environment clean and maintains safe environment.
- Anticipates patient/family and visitor needs and takes action to meet those needs and rounds as appropriate
- Maintains and enhances patient care skills.
- Seeks assistance and supervision when performing unfamiliar tasks.
- Serves as a patient advocate.
- Complies with personnel policies.
- Communicates per department expectations.
- Recognizes and promptly communicates ethical and legal concerns through established channels of communication.
- Uses CPM philosophy to work in partnership with patients, families, physicians, peers and all other disciplines.
- Demonstrates adaptability and flexibility to changes in schedule and/or workload assignment necessary to meet changing needs of the
individual patient or unit.
- Makes new team members feel welcome and offers assistance with orientation of new employees.
- Acceptable use of interpersonal relationship skills and communication with patients, families, co-workers, physicians, all disciplines and other
- Organizes workload and effectively collaborates with nursing to prioritize care..
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton is a 255-bed, full-service hospital that has served North Texas and southern Oklahoma since 1987. Hospital services include heart and vascular care, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, orthopedics and sports medicine, pain management, emergency medicine, and a weight loss surgery program. As one of the largest employers in Denton County, Texas Health Denton has more than 1,000 employees and more than 325 physicians on its medical staff practicing in more than 45 specialties. Located 45 miles northwest of downtown Dallas and 40 miles northeast of downtown Fort Worth, Texas Health Denton is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, a Joint Commission accredited Primary Stroke Center and a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.