Fort Worth, TX US
Nursing Residency Program
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Fort Worth
July 2018 Residency
• Must be a graduate of a NLN (National League of Nursing) or CCNE (Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education) accredited nursing program or scheduled to graduate before hire date.
Required Minimum Education:
• BSN preferred
• Graduated within the last 12 months preferred
• RNs hired within THR after December, 2016 require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date.
Required minimum experience:
• Current Registered Nurse license to practice in Texas or Compact State.
• Current RN licensure; Current AHA BLS training. Credentials specific to specialty as defined. Boards MUST be passed and results verified by noon the Wednesday prior to start date.
• A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
Hours/Schedule: Full-time, (3)-12 hour shifts; Rotating weekends, Holidays, and on call shifts required
Please provide the following during the application:
- Official nursing school transcript (Unofficial transcript accepted until official is available)
- Exemplar/Essay: In one-to-two pages, tell the story of a clinical situation that was especially meaningful to you as a student nurse and that has helped you shape your practice today
The Versant RN Residency is a comprehensive, evidence based on-boarding program with a 2-year employment commitment that offers new graduate nurses an exciting opportunity to gain the experience, judgment, skills and confidence to successfully navigate the complexity of hospital life.
Integrated into a Hospital’s education structure, the Versant RN Residency includes a guided clinical experience with an instructor-led core curriculum, a formal mentoring program, informative debriefing/self-care sessions and supportive 360-degree evaluations. Residents not only participate in the learning experience on their personally selected home units, they also rotate through other departments to gain an expanded nursing experience vital to the complex patient care.
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 726-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center that has served the residents of Tarrant County and surroundings communities since 1930. Hospital services include cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics and sports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. In early 2014, Texas Health Fort Worth will be opening a new 75,000 square foot Emergency Services Center, one of the largest in the region. Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 physicians on its medical staff. Texas Health Fort Worth recently received national recognition for its oncology program and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Tarrant County. The hospital is also a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.