Arlington/Midcities, TX US
Cardiac Vascular Ctr NT
Area of Interest:
Patient Support Services
Texas Health Physicians Group
Texas Health Physicians Group seeks to hire a Certified Medical Assistant to work Full Time at Cardiac and Vascular Center of North Texas.
Location: 1924 Forest Ridge Dr., Bedford, Texas & 10840 Texas Trail, Suite 260, Fort Worth, Texas
Clinic Hours: Mon – Fri 8:00 – 5:00
Under the supervision of a Registered Nurse, LVN or Physician, this position functions as a vital member of the healthcare team who
contributes to the success of the practice by demonstrating customer/patient focus, effective communication, professionalism,
and teamwork. Utilizes the nursing process to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate comprehensive care provided to selected
patient populations and their families.
The ideal candidate possess the following:
High School Diploma or Equivalent is required
*At least 1 year of medical assistant experience is preferred
*Medical Assistant Certification is required
*ACLS or BLS is preferred
*Non-Certified Radiologic Technician training may be required
• Ability to perform EKGs, draw blood, and administer injections as needed by assigned clinic.
• Ability to effectively communicate to staff and patients.
• Demonstrated knowledge of examination, diagnostic and treatment room procedures.
• Thorough knowledge of the meaning and use of medical terminology and abbreviations.
• Demonstrated sound judgment and composure with the ability to take appropriate action in
questionable or emergency situations.
• Maintains a positive, caring attitude towards patients.
• Good computer skills using a medical management application.
• Possesses a strong work ethic and a high level of professionalism.
• Performs general patient care by following established standards and procedures.
• Greets and prepares patients for the health care provider.
• Obtains and records vital signs including, but not limited to: blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration, height, weight, drug allergies, and current medications and presenting problem.
• Administers ordered medications and/or vaccines via oral, injection, topical, rectal, ophthalmic, and/or inhalant administration.
• May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis as well as perform routine tests such as EKG’s.
• Schedules patients for diagnostic testing and follows up to ensure completion of testing.
• Documents patient plan(s) of care, tests and examination results in the medical record as directed by the provider.
• Communicates with patient regarding test results and plan of care by phone or mail as directed by physician.
• Prepares, cleans and sterilizes instruments and maintains equipment, disposing of contaminated items according to protocol. Keeps patient exam rooms stocked, clean and orderly.
• Escalates non-routine issues, questions and/or concerns to the practice manager or healthcare provider(s).
• Ensures safety checklists/quality controls are completed as required.
• Provides for patient safety and protection of patient privacy rights.
• Perform other duties as assigned by practice manager, more senior staff, or as requested by healthcare provider(s).
Texas Health Physicians Group (THPG) includes more than 800 physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants dedicated to providing quality, patient-safe care at more than 240 offices located throughout the DFW Metroplex. THPG members are active in group governance and serve on multiple committees and councils. Ongoing Texas Health initiatives, like the Diversity Action Council and Living the Promise, have helped to create an inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making THPG a great place to work