Fort Worth, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Southwest
Texas Health Southwest, mother friendly designation, has a full-time opportunity for an experienced Labor and Delivery (L&D) RN.
Qualified candidates will possess the following:
Full-time: (3) 12-hour shifts/week, 6:45PM-7:15AM, including some weekends and holidays, rotating schedule; mandatory on-call requirements
*Required minimum education:
BSN (Bachelor of Science in Nursing) preferred.
require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date.
Required minimum experience:
One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse (RN), or completion of an RN residency program.
Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing upon hire.
Current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS/CPR training upon hire.
Credentials specific to specialty as defined -
- ACLS and NRP certifications within 6 months of hire if not current.
- Fetal monitoring (EFM) within 12 months of hire
Required skills (if applicable):
A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast-paced environment.
Critical thinking skills.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) is preferred.
(Must obtain BSN within 3 years of hire)
- Prefer 1 or more years recent Labor & Delivery RN experience
- Experience with High Risk OB patients is very helpful
- Charge RN experience is preferred
- Intermediate AWHONN Fetal monitoring (EFM) within 12 months of hire is preferred
* Ability to triage, labor, deliver, circulate and recover patients Good verbal and written communication skills.
Knowledge of computer documentation;
Good keyboard skills;
Working knowledge of the care and management of the patient in the setting
***The Labor & Delivery area consists of the following:
* 2017 Clinical Department of the year
* 14-bed LDR
* 2-OR suites
* With an average of 260 to 300 births per month.
* Texas 10-step designation
* Mother friendly designated
* Pathways to Excellence designated
Texas Health provides an environment for optimal success and we pride ourselves on providing eligible employees with a variety of great benefits which include:
• Matching 401 (K) plan, Flex Spending Accounts and a Credit Union
• Tuition reimbursement
• Wellness and Career Development Programs and Adoption Assistance
• Competitive compensation packages / Relocation Coach
• Medical, dental and vision insurance for eligible employees
• Life, AD&D and Long Term Care Insurance and Disability Coverage
• On-site Child Care and Fitness Centers (at select locations)
• Company Volunteer days
• Nursing Career Ladder and much more
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth is a 222-bed full-service facility that includes surgical and imaging services, a 24-hour emergency department, orthopedics and sports therapy, adult critical care, and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Southwest Fort Worth, which has been serving Tarrant County residents since 1987, has 1,100 employees, 120 volunteers, and more than 600 physicians on its medical staff. The hospital is a Pathway to Excellence® designated hospital by American Nurses Credentialing Center, a designated UnitedHealth Premium Surgical Spine specialty center and has earned Quality Respiratory Care Recognition from the AARC. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.