Dallas, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Dallas
Join a team where Helping Hands and Caring Hearts makes a difference! Texas Health Resources, One of FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to work for is dedicated to finding people to help us fulfill our commitment to make health care human again. We staff our exemplary hospital with health care professionals who approach every patient, every colleague, every physician and every family member with compassion. Come join us on our Journey as we rise to the next level.
Our Texas Health Presbyterian Dallas location is seeking to hire an experienced Child Birth Educator to work PRN (as needed).
Qualifications are as follows:
- Bachelors degree in Nursing or related educational area is required
-Two (2) years of experience in childbirth or adult education strongly preferred
- BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire is required
- RN - Registered Nurse Upon Hire is required (or IBCLC - Lactation Consultant, Lamaze, ICEA)
Effective interpersonal skills and adult education skills; verbal and written communication skills in English.
• Develops, revises and implements curriculum for childbirth education classes.
• Provides a service oriented class atmosphere for community participants.
• Demonstrates acceptance of childbirth as a wellness concept, diversity of lifestyles, cultures and belief systems.
• Provides hospital infant safety information to patient and/or family member.
• Class content reflects current national standards
• Schedules classes and have instructors available to meet customer demand
• Meets department needs by acting as a substitute instructor and or secures a substitute instructor as necessary.
• Precepts and/or mentors new employees and students
• Reviews class schedule with manager
• Assists in the identification of ineffective and costly processes and takes action to improve those processes
• Collaborates with multi-disciplinary team to improve care processes that promote continuity of care.
• Collaborates with other team members to resolve patient issues.
• Actively participates in helping department to meet key performance indicators
• Utilizes sign-in sheet during class
• Serves as a patient advocate and initiates action to protect patient’s rights and/or preferences and promote
patient desired outcomes.
• Responds to patient and family questions with accurate and current information
• Demonstrates compliance for reporting abuse, ethical, and legal concerns and initiates appropriate referrals in
response to ethical dilemmas.
• Follows chain of command to address issues with class or classes.
• Class evaluations reflects patient satisfaction
Professional Accountability/Professional Growth:
• Actively participates in hospital initiatives or committees as appropriate.
• Attends 75% of department staff meetings and town halls.
• Adheres to system, hospital, and department policies and procedures.
• Completes mandatory training by established deadline.
• Completes employee health requirements by established deadline.
• Maintains licensure, certification, and/or registry as required by the job description
• Maintains current knowledge of clinical practice in Women’s and Infant’s service area
• Attends approved continuing education program(s) related to Family Education.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers . The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012.We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.