Dallas, TX US
B/U-TELE/CARDIOLOGY: MAIN 2W
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Dallas
Come join the Progressive Care Nursing Team at Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas, a MAGNET facility!
Texas Health Dallas, a MAGNET status facility, is in search of a Registered Nurse II to work full time nights for the PCCU Heart, Vascular Intervention Unit/Cardiac Telemetry.
The ideal candidate will be a team player who is excellent at communicating with peers, physicians, patients and who cares about customer service.
Full time. (Shift: 7a-7p) for a total of 36 hours per week (3) 12-hour shifts/week with weekend and holiday requirements. Self-scheduling
In order to qualify for this the following criteria must be met:
* Graduate of a NLN (National League of Nursing) or CCNE (Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education) accredited nursing programs.
* Current RN licensure or compact licensure recognized by the Texas Board of Nursing;
Associates Degree Required. *BSN preferred.
RNs hired within THR after December, 2016, require completion of BSN within 2 years of start date.
*One (1) year experience as a clinical nurse (RN), or completion of an RN residency program,
*One (1) year of PCU/Cardiac Telemetry RN experience strongly preferred
* Prior Telemetry Experience Strongly preferred
* Current AHA BLS training
* EKG rhythm interpretation
* ACLS certification is helpful
In addition, you must hold a high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills and the ability to function in a fast-paced environment and be proficient in Windows applications.
Why Texas Health Resources?
Our facilities are located across the greater Dallas – Ft. Worth area with a centrally located corporate office in Arlington, TX.
We are one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the US that has the resources to offer a variety of career growth and professional development opportunities with equally remarkable benefits.
Join our award-winning Texas Health family and contribute to our mission “to improve the health of the people in the communities we serve”.
A few recent accomplishments we achieved include:
• 2015, 2016, and 2017 FORTUNE Magazine’s “100 Best Companies to Work For®”
• 2015 “Healthiest Employer in North Texas” by Dallas Business Journal and 2015 Fortune “100 Best Workplaces for Millennials”
• 2015 “Best Employers for Healthy Lifestyles” by the National Business Group on Health (marking the sixth year THR has received this award)
• 2015 and 2016 Platinum-level recognition from the American Heart Association (AHA) for being a “Fit-Friendly Worksite”
• 2015 Great Place to Work® and Fortune list of “50 Best Workplaces for Camaraderie”
• Ranked #3 on 2015 “100 Best Workplaces for Women list” by Great Place to Work®
Texas Health provides an environment for optimal success and we pride ourselves on providing eligible employees with a variety of great benefits which include:
• Matching 401 (K) plan, Flex Spending Accounts and a Credit Union
• Tuition reimbursement
• Wellness and Career Development Programs and Adoption Assistance
• Competitive compensation packages / Relocation Coach
• Medical, dental, vision and prescription drug insurance plans for eligible employees
• Life, AD&D and Long Term Care Insurance and Disability Coverage
• On-site Child Care and Fitness Centers (at select locations)
• Company Volunteer days
* Nursing Career Ladder (NCAP)
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers . The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012.We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.