Azle, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Azle
Part Time 24 Hours, variable hours, including weekdays, weekends and holidays.
***Varied shifts between 5:00 AM to 7:00 PM.***
Minimum Required Education:
H.S. Diploma or Equivalent, Contingent upon enrollment in High School or GED program with the
requirement to graduate from the program within 1 year of hire.
Minimum Experience Required:
2 Years relevant experience in high volume restaurant, hospital, or institution.
Minimum Licensure/Certifications Required:
FHC - Food Handlers Certificate within 30 days of high school.
Minimum Required Skills:
* Ability to meet time standards required by production schedule.
* Extensive knowledge of kitchen equipment operation and maintenance. Good communication and organizational skills.
* Ability to exercise independent judgment.
* Demonstrate initiative in assuming responsibilities. * Must be cooperative, discreet and courteous in handling visitors and employees.
* Responsible for all areas of production, including both hot and cold production. Understands how to read and prepare simple or complex recipes to department standards.
* Demonstrate ability to adjust recipes for quantity.
* Produce high quality products; utilize creativity and training in producing food items that are aesthetically pleasing and taste appealing.
* Understand department standards of food quality and recipe taste.
* Taste food prepared to verify flavor and texture standards.
* Demonstrates creativity in food presentation in both bulk service and individual plating.
* Suggest menu or recipe changes so food will be used before expiration dates.
* Demonstrate judgment and creativity in food utilization.
* Understands menus and recipes.
* Organizes work for maximum productivity; accurately reads, follows, understands production sheets, and avoids over production.
* Labels and dates foods according to HACCP standards.
* Ability to learn HACCP sanitation guidelines and follow for safe food handling.
* Knows and performs proper procedure for taking and recording temperatures of food items,
both raw and cooked and refrigerated units.
* Demonstrates and performs procedures when temperatures are inadequate according to standards.
* Understands the FIFO system of food production.
* Ability to follow / learn OSHA safety guidelines and safe knife skills.
* Employee maintains kitchen and serving areas in a clean, neat, and orderly manner to exceed both department and TDH sanitation standards in both department sanitation and personal hygiene.
* Follows “clean as you go” as well as proper hand hygiene.
* Performs other job duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Azle is a community-based hospital serving the suburban areas of Azle, Lake Worth, Springtown and the surrounding areas. Located about 20 miles northwest of downtown Fort Worth, Texas Health Azle provides numerous services, including emergency medicine, surgical care, cardiology, wound care, pain management, radiology, rehabilitation services and an adult intensive care unit. Texas Health Azle is a Level IV trauma center, accredited in Chest Pain Management with distinction by the Joint Commission, and a 2013 National 100 Top Hospital by Truven Health Analytics, which makes our facility intensely qualified to serve our community and your professional aspirations.