Dallas, TX US
Area of Interest:
Information Services or Technology
Texas Health Physicians Group
Texas Health Resources is seeking a Technical Architect for their Clinic Operations.
• 1st Shift; Monday - Friday
Required Minimum Education:
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Business, or related field
Required Minimum Experience:
• Six years of hands-on-server, network, application and or security experience
• Healthcare experience
• Previous experience as a Technical Architect
Licenses / Certifications:
• CISSP, CISA, CCNP, MCSE preferred
Skills and Abilities:
• Strong conceptual thinking and communication skills — the ability to conceptualize complex business and technical requirements into comprehensible models and templates
• Ability to work well under minimal supervision
• Team-oriented interpersonal skills,with the ability to interface effectively with a broad range of people and roles, including vendors and IT and business personnel
• Demonstrable written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent analytical skills
• Ability to perform cost benefit analysis and estimate the financial impact of security architecture alternatives
• Ability to communicate with technical and application teams as well as with leadership
• Ability translate business needs into security requirements
• Strong self confidence
• Ability to understand the long term and short term perspectives on situations
• Strong technical background
• Ability to manage and prioritize multiple tasks and projects
• Assist in the development of business, information, solutions and security domain models within application and technical levels. Drives creation and adoption of enterprise technology solution models Contributes in the development of THR's technology engineering architecture. Maintain documentation of engineering architectures, including diagrams, data flows, ports and protocols, interconnection agreements and standards, service continuity and high availability plans, monitoring, alerting and notification of system state. Works with business, application, and system owners on integrating service continuity within application and systems.
• Develop and maintain application and database engineering standards, storage engineering standards, network engineering standards, server engineering standards, service continuity and disaster recovery standards, identity access control standards, end user and device integration and availability standards. Coordinate with Enterprise Architecture (EA) the development and integration on Technology Engineering Standards. Integrate engineering standards within THR information security policy framework. Apply information security risk management framework to standards development practices and processes. Coordinate with appropriate business and ITS teams on the development and documentation of engineering support objectives and thresholds. Develop and publish technology engineering reports for leadership, business owners and system owners.
• Contribute to the alignment of technology engineering governance with EA, IT governance, project and portfolio management and business governance activities. Research, design, operate and advocate new technologies, architectures, products and processes that will support engineering requirements for the health system and its customers, business partners and vendors. Serves as the primary developer of the corporate technology engineering strategy. Works with customers to develop highly available, secure solutions, based on approved engineering architectures. Analyze business impact and exposure, based on current and -future technology and how that contributes to capacity planning of all components of the enterprise. Effectively communicate technology risks and solutions to executive leadership, business partners and IT staff.
• Lead the technology engineering review process. Develop engineering review checklists for system owners. Document and maintain the system life-cycle. Serve as an engineering expert in application development, database design, network and/or platform (operating system) efforts. Document information systems design and risks quantitatively and qualitatively.
• Participate in training relate to current and emerging technologies, enterprise architecture and project management. Participate in professional development activities Maintain pertinent engineering certification status. Participate in ITSM training activities and maintain certification status.
Texas Health Resources is one of the largest faith-based, nonprofit health care delivery systems in the United States and the largest in North Texas in terms of patients served.
Texas Health has 25 acute-care and short-stay hospitals that are owned, operated, joint-ventured or affiliated with the system. It has more than 3,800 licensed beds, more than 21,100 employees of fully-owned/operated facilities plus 1,400 employees of consolidated joint ventures, and counts more than 5,500 physicians with active staff privileges at its hospitals.
At Texas Health, we strive to create an atmosphere of respect, integrity, compassion and excellence for all who come in contact with us, be they patients or our employees. We are committed to diversity in our workforce, and our mission to serve spreads across ethnic, cultural, economic and generational boundaries. We invite you to join us in furthering your career through our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.