Arlington, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Arlington Memorial
Texas Health Arlington Memorial seeks to hire a full time Certified Surgical Technician.
Rotating days 7pm-7am
Required minimum education:
Graduate of an accredited surgery technology program, Vocational Nurse Program or graduate/completion of a military training program in surgical technology
Preferred minimum experience:
1 year current operating room experience preferred
CST - Certified Surgical Technologist graduate of an accredited surgical tech program upon hire
CST - Certified Surgical Technologist graduate/completion of a military training program in surgical technology within 2 Years
LVN - Licensed Vocational Nurse upon hire
BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support within 30 Days
Required skills (if applicable): A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function in a fast paced
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Intra-operatively displays skills and behavior conducive to desirable outcome.
- Nursing Process: Assists in providing peri operative care for a patient population that includes Infants, Pediatrics, Adults, and Geriatrics.
- Preoperatively assists R.N. circulator in formulating plan of care.
- Professional accountability: Assists as needed in coordinating patient care peri-operatively and assumes responsibility and accountability for behavior in order to maintain standards for professional nursing practice.
- Post-operatively follows proper procedures for care of instruments, supplies and equipment. Under supervision, assists RN circulator with post operative duties.
- Infection Control: Assists in the delivering of nursing care in a manner that minimizes the risk of transfer of infection and accidental contamination.
- Safety: Assists in delivering care in a manner which protects the patient from injury.
- Continuous Improvement: Care is provided with an emphasis on continually improving quality, service and cost effectiveness.
- Age Specific Care: Demonstrates competence in assisting with the performance of age appropriate patient care that is specific to the unique physiological and anatomic aspects of life from the very young to the older adult.
Texas Health Arlington Memorial Hospital, a 369-bed acute-care, full-service medical center has been serving Arlington and the surrounding communities since 1958. Hospital services include comprehensive cardiac care, women’s services, neurosciences, cancer services, orthopedics, emergency services and an advanced imaging center. Texas Health Arlington Memorial has over 1,600 employees, 250 volunteers and 630 physicians on its medical staff. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence. For more information, visit TexasHealth.org/Arlington.