Burleson, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Burleson
Texas Health Burleson is seeking a Medical Laboratory Scientist (MLS) or a Medical Laboratory Technician (MLT) PRN for their laboratory.
• PRN "As needed"
• Must be available to work all shifts including nights, weekends, and holidays
Required Minimum Education:
• Associates Degree for a MLT or a Bachelor’s Degree for a MLS (or attained within 3 months of hire)
• Preferred: Associates degree or Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Technology, Applied Technology, Clinical Lab Science or Chemical, Physical or Biological Science preferred (proof required)
Required Minimum Experience:
• Internship in an approved Medical Technician or Medical Technology training program
• Preferred: 5 years’ experience in a Medical Laboratory as a MLT or 1 year experience as a MLS
• MLT(ASCP), MT (ASCP) or MLS (ASCP) OR equivalent (AMT, AAB, HHS, NCA, HEW, CLS- CA, FL, NY state license, Philippine Board of Technical Technology) OR ASCP specialty certification for specific discipline. Registry must be passed within 3 months of hire date.
• Preferred MLT (ASCP), MT (ASCP), MLS (ASCP)
• Strong positive interpersonal skills
• Ability to read, write and speak English clearly
• Problem solving ability, time management skills
• Possess organizational skills to function successfully in a fast paced work environment
• Computer literate
• Preferred: Experience with Cerner Millennium LIS
Job responsibilities (Including but not limited too):
• Specimen Integrity
• Laboratory Operations
• Professional Accountability
• Test Procedures
• Quality Control/Documentation
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth is a 726-bed, Magnet-designated regional referral center that has served the residents of Tarrant County and surroundings communities since 1930. Hospital services include cardiovascular care, high-risk obstetrics, gynecology, orthopedics and sports medicine, neonatal intensive care, and trauma/emergency medicine. In early 2014, Texas Health Fort Worth will be opening a new 75,000 square foot Emergency Services Center, one of the largest in the region. Texas Health Fort Worth has more than 4,000 employees, 200 volunteers and nearly 1,000 physicians on its medical staff. Texas Health Fort Worth recently received national recognition for its oncology program and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Tarrant County. The hospital is also a designated Cycle III Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.