Denton, TX US
Nursing Admin Services
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Denton
Hearts makes a difference! Texas Health Resources, One of FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to work for is dedicated to finding people to help us fulfill our commitment to make health care human again. We staff our exemplary hospital with health care professionals who approach every patient, every colleague, every physician and every family member with compassion. Come join us on our Journey as we rise to the next level.
Our Denton location is seeking to hire a Registered Nurse Wound Care full time.
Monday - Friday 8AM - 4:30PM
Bachelor Degree in Nursing
RN - Registered Nurse Upon Hire
WOCN Upon Hire or
CWCN - Certified Wound Care Nurse 6 Months
CWOCN - Certified Wound Ostomy Continence Nurse 6 Months
BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire
CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention Training 60 Days
2 Years Nursing experience
I. Continuous Improvement
• Assists in the identification of ineffective and costly processes and takes action to improve those processes.
• Utilizes evidence-based practice.
• Demonstrates contribution to unit-based programs and research strategies to monitor and continuously improve the quality of patient care.
II. Assessment/Plan of Care/Technical Skill
Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team to improve care processes that promote continuity of care.
• Works with other team members to resolve patient issues.
• Recommends standards for cost-effective supplies/equipment related to wound, ostomy and incontinence care to be utilized in the hospital through evaluation and product research studies.
• Initiates action to meet patient and/or significant others need for information.
• Provides pre-operative and post-operative educational information to patient/family considering physical and psychological adaption.
• Provides appropriate written information to both patients and staff, including post operative and discharge instructions, referrals and supply needs.
• Takes action to reduce/eliminate patient risks.
• Properly administers wound, skin and ostomy care products and is alert to potential problems with products that may vary with age of patients.
• Individualizes products to patients needs.
• Collaborates with physicians/staff/patient and family to select appropriate product.
• Evaluates patients response to treatment/products and makes adjustments and modifications.
• Adapts care measures to reflect age-specific and developmental considerations.
• Performs technical procedures safely and proficiently.
• Assesses the knowledge, skills, and learning needs of team members in relation to the needs and acuity level of patients before the delegation of care.
• Performs as resource/instructor of technical skills.
• Provides consultation and direct assistance to nursing staff for all WOC patients.
• Assists staff to maintain current knowledge and competence for WOC patients through orientation, educational programs, role modeling, consultation and review of policies and procedures according to national guidelines.
• Produces documentation that initiates, follows and revises patient's plan of care.
• Produces documentation that supports and meets regulatory requirements.
III. Professional Accountability
• Identifies realistic and measurable annual goals for professional nursing development.
• Serves as patient advocate and as a liaison between patient family and physician.
• Checks unit communication: - Bulletin Boards - Checks mail box twice a week - Attends required meetings
• Recognizes and communicates ethical and legal concerns through established channels of communication.
• Complies with polices; i.e. attendance, dress code, Nurse Practice Act.
• Makes timely and appropriate decisions regarding unresolved/difficult patient care issues or conditions.
• Functions as call resource nurse when required.
• Serves as resource to nursing staff, patients, visitors, and physicians.
IV. Key Focus Area/Key Performance Indicators
• Strives to meet Departmental Key Performance Indicators/System Key Focus Areas. 10%
• Uses Clinical Practice Model philosophy to work in partnership with peers, other disciplines, and unlicensed assistive personnel.
• Demonstrates cooperative relationships.
• Actively participates in formal and informal teaching and evaluation to strengthen clinical competence of self and team members.
• Functions as preceptor.
• Uses Unit Based Council communication structure when appropriate.
• Utilizes positive, one-on-one, first party communication to receive and to communicate unit concerns and activities
• Uses acceptable interpersonal relationship skills with patients, families, co-workers, physicians, and other customers.
• Follows/accepts scheduling guidelines; flexible with scheduling to help meet departmental/patient needs.
• Accepts or negotiates changes to assignment to facilitate delivery of quality care
VI. Participates in data collection for national quality data base.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Denton is a 255-bed, full-service hospital that has served North Texas and southern Oklahoma since 1987. Hospital services include heart and vascular care, women’s services, a Level III neonatal intensive care unit, orthopedics and sports medicine, pain management, emergency medicine, and a weight loss surgery program. As one of the largest employers in Denton County, Texas Health Denton has more than 1,000 employees and more than 325 physicians on its medical staff practicing in more than 45 specialties. Located 45 miles northwest of downtown Dallas and 40 miles northeast of downtown Fort Worth, Texas Health Denton is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers, a Joint Commission accredited Primary Stroke Center and a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.