Surgical Technologist PRN
Fort Worth, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Clearfork
Texas Health Clearfork is seeking a Surgical Tech in the Surgery department
Shift & Hours: PRN (as needed)
No Call, No Weekends, No Holidays
Variable days and shift
Minimum Education Requirements:
Graduate of an accredited surgical tech program, or LVN OR Graduate/completion of a military training program in Surgical Technology
Minimum Licensure / Certification Requirements:
Graduate of an accredited surgical tech program with a current certification as a Certified Surgical Technologist, LVN or Graduate/completion of a military training program in surgical technology (certification must be obtained within 2 years from first day of employment in surgical technologist position)
CPR within 30 days of hire.
Required minimum experience:
***Previous Surgical Scrub Technician experience preferred
***Previous Orthopedic Surgical Tech experience highly preferred.
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Performs scrub responsibilities in accordance with unit standards on all assigned procedures.
* Demonstrates knowledge of table set-ups, instrumentation, surgeon’s preference cards, etc. for all assigned cases.
* Maintains, corrects and reports breaks in Aseptic technique.
* Participates in surgical site verification “Time Out”.
* Follows unit policies related to sharps, sponges and instrumentation.
* Returns instruments, equipment and supplies correctly to appropriate locations following each procedure.
* Facilitates the provision of safe, competent care for patients of all ages populations served in areas of responsibility.
* Keeps perioperative environment neat and clean.
* Accepts responsibility to identify and solve patient problems and reports to the circulator, physicians and other OR team members.
* Perform other duties as assigned
Texas Health Clearfork is a 54-bed Orthopedic Center of Excellence facility that includes surgical and imaging services, orthopedics and sports therapy, adult critical care, & beautiful views of the Trinity River. Texas Health Clearfork is considered a Tower of Texas Health Southwest, which has been serving Tarrant County residents since 1987, has 1,100 employees, 120 volunteers, and more than 600 physicians on its medical staff. The hospital is a Pathway to Excellence® designated hospital by American Nurses Credentialing Center, a designated UnitedHealth Premium Surgical Spine specialty center and has earned Quality Respiratory Care Recognition from the AARC. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.
BENEFITS AT A GLANCE:
• 401(k) Retirement Plan
• Health Care Benefits
• Wellness Program
• Paid Time Off
• Tuition Reimbursement
• Life Insurance
• AD&D Insurance
• Disability Coverage
• Long Term Care Insurance
• Other benefits: Adoption Assistance, and Credit Union