Certified Sterile Processing Tech
Dallas, TX US
CS STERILE PROCESSING
Area of Interest:
Patient Support Services
Texas Health Dallas
Texas Health Dallas is seeking a Sterile Processing Tech in the Central Sterile Department.
Full Time: 40 hours per week
Monday-Friday 3rd Shift hours 10:30p-7:00a
Minimum Education Requirements:
High School Graduate or G.E.D
Minimum Experience Requirements:
1 year of Sterile Processing Technician experience preferred
Minimum Certification / Licensure Requirements: CSPDT - Certified Sterile Processing and Distribution Technician required upon hire.
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Performs scanning of instrument trays for location and creation of count sheet/label.
• Demonstrates proper assembly technique for instrument trays.
• Demonstrates wrapping/containing of instruments/tray.
• Performs scanning of instrument trays to track location using the SPM system.
• Demonstrates decontamination process according to policy and procedure.
? Cleaning of instruments manually
? Using automated cleaners
? Ultrasonic washer
? Instrument washer
? Cart washer
• Performs tests and documents as directed to ensure proper operation of washers and Emergency Eyewash and Shower
• Demonstrates the proper loading technique for sterilization method.
• Scans prepared items into correct sterilizer load.
• Demonstrates procedure requirements needed to complete prior to sterilization operation.
• Operates sterilizer according to the manufacturer’s instructions and the department’s policy.
• Demonstrates procedure for removal of items following sterilization.
• Demonstrates monitoring procedures.
• Scan and deliver item to the proper storage place
• Effectively utilizes infection control concepts.
• Effectively handles all chemical and cleaning agents used for cleaning, decontamination and sterilization of instruments and equipment.
• Describes what to do in the event of a chemical spill or related injury.
• Demonstrates safety precautions when operating washers and sterilizers.
• Follows safe lifting techniques as well as proper techniques for handling instruments
• Demonstrates processing and distribution of special medical emergency carts, and Urology carts
• Assists Service Window customers according to established guidelines.
• Monitors supplies as necessary.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers . The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012.We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.