Dallas, TX US
Area of Interest:
Patient Support Services
Texas Health Dallas
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas is seeking an Anesthesia Tech in the Anesthesiology Department
Rotating shifts, PRN 24 hours /week
Minimum Education Requirements:
High School Graduate or G.E.D.
Minimum Licensure/Certification Requirements:
Completion of CPR within 30 days of hire
Minimum Experience Requirements:
Relevant experience or training program.
Minimum Skill Requirements:
Positive interpersonal skills, and ability to function
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides timely and knowledgeable assistance to anesthesiologists or CRNA, anticipating their needs, if possible.
- Provides a timely and accurate anesthesia set-up.
- Assists in PACU/Holding Area as appropriately delegated.
- Maintains daily and weekly cleaning of assigned areas.
- Maintains adequate par levels/thoroughly and accurately stocks anesthesia carts, cabinets, gas machine.
- Satisfactorily completes weekly order assignment in a timely manner.
- Equipment appropriate to age group is supplied in a timely manner.
- Technical procedures are adapted to reflect age specific consideration.
- Cultural/religious beliefs are considered in delivery of technical anesthesia support activities.
- Anesthesia tech collaborates with RN in operating room and PACU.
- Assists in transporting of patient for transfer.
- Communicates information accurately, timely and in a complete manner to appropriate person.
- Performs Blood Glucose Monitoring, I-Stat ACT, Hepcon HMS, etc. per procedure and reports results in timely manner.
- Performs quality controls and records results accurately and as scheduled (blood glucose monitor, gluteraldehyde control, liquid and electronic controls for heart room equipment as appropriate and others as assigned).
- Utilizes two patient identifiers prior to performing procedures.
- Adapts communication based on age specific needs.
- Recognizes and reports anesthesia equipment malfunction and deals appropriately with it in a timely manner.
- Safety checklists/quality controls completed as required.
- Perform other duties as assigned
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers . The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012.We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.