Plano, TX US
Women's Diagnostic Center
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Plano
Work Hours/ Schedule: PRN as needed
Minimum Education Required:
Associate's Degree - Graduate of an AMA approved / accredited Ultrasound Program required
Minimum Experience Required:
6 Months clinical experience required and
1 year or more in a hospital setting preferred
Minimum Licensure/Certifications Required:
ARRT - American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Upon Hire
ARDMS - American Registry for Diagnostic and Medical Sonographers - must have 2 certifications if no ARRT Upon Hire
BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support Upon Hire
Minimum Required Skills:
Competency in scanning/equipment operation. Excellent Communication skills. Ability to multitask and prioritize.
Job Duties/Essential Functions:
Imaging Procedures, Quality and Processing
• Explains procedures to patient or guardian / family member if applicable prior to and during exam.
• Images correct anatomical area of interest and pathology according to department protocols.
• Performs complex procedures including age related criteria and developmental considerations.
• Adjusts ultrasound parameters appropriately for quality images.
• Assists radiologist with complex and invasive procedures using aseptic technique.
• Processes and manipulates images, analyzes image quality, troubleshoots, suggest differential diagnosis.
• Utilizes proper downtime procedures for PACS and HIS / RIS.
• Correctly sends and transfers images to PACS.
• Works in tandem with staff to ensure laser images from modality or PACS are printed as needed.
Equipment Operation and Maintenance
• Adjusts technical parameters to optimize image.
• Operates, cares for and maintains equipment.
• Applies proper knowledge of instrumentation, probe selection and cognitive sonographic skills.
• Troubleshoots and properly documents equipment malfunction.
• Maintains equipment and room to sanitary standards.
• Adheres to hospital standards for infection control for patient, equipment, and self.
• Stocks/maintains supplies and linen.
• Demonstrates the knowledge and understanding of quality control and regulatory standards.
• Prepares room for examination (i.e. suction, oxygen, supplies).
• Checks physician orders and exam requisitions using time-out procedures.
• Greets and acknowledges patient, using two forms of ID.
• Obtains patient history.
• Handles patients with IVs, oxygen, chest tubes or other devices, and monitor patient during imaging.
• Demonstrates knowledge of emergency drugs and equipment.
• Uses proper body mechanics when assisting patient.
• Processes patient information, displays proper phone etiquette and transports patients as needed.
Professional Accountability and Partnership
• Maintains ARDMS, CME credits and CPR yearly or when applicable (ARRT and CMRT if applicable).
• Attends departmental continuing education, meetings, and checks email routinely.
• Identifies, troubleshoots and initiates quality improvement.
• Manages time and re-prioritizes as necessary.
• Performs any assignment deemed necessary by supervisor
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services and a Level III NICU. Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties. The hospital is an Advanced Level III Trauma Facility, accredited Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission, named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. Texas Health Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint Replacement – Hip and Joint Replacement – Knee and an Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.