Regional Director of Physician Practice Ops. THPG
Dallas, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Organization for Physicians
Texas Health Organization for Physicians seeks to hire a Director of Physician Practice Operations – Orthopedics / Neurology
This position requires travel throughout the DFW area.
• Bachelor’s Degree required
• 5 years previous physician practice
• Prior supervisory experience preferred
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Provide management oversight and leadership of the provider practices in assigned Zone/Territory.
• Ensure that practice operations are on budget and in compliance with quality goals and initiatives. This would include keeping operations and providers operating at optimal levels in terms of productivity, financial performance and THM through-put by removing obstacles and creating solutions that enhance operations. In collaboration with the Executive Director, Medical Director, and Vice President – Finance, assists in the developing the operating and capital budgets for all assigned providers
• Correlates physician practice overhead with financial performance; provides recommendations to organization leadership on physician and non-physician staff resource utilization
• Evaluate and empowers physician practice staff to participate in meaningful decision-making
• In collaboration with management and staff determine the appropriate number and level of staff, balance competency, patient needs, patient outcomes, patient safety outcomes and productivity guidelines to assure budgetary compliance
• Ensures that all standard policies and procedures are being followed in the practice offices of the assigned zone/territory. Informs President, SVP and COO, and the Director, Human Resources of any issues on non-compliance and obtains direction and guidance in taking corrective action, when necessary
• Maintains environment to comply with regulatory, licensure, compliance and accreditation requirements and organizational policies and procedures
SKILLS and ABILITIES
• Demonstrated business, computer, and analytic/ financial skills
• Outstanding interpersonal and communications skills
• Proven experience in a customer-service environment
• Possesses excellent organization skills
• Takes initiative and is self-motivated to succeed
• Able to make wise decisions which balance the relevant issues and/or conflicts.
• Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff, providers, patients and families
• Ability to handle sensitive and confidential employee information in a professional manner
• Ability to plan and coordinate multiple administrative projects
Texas Health Organization for Physicians (THOP) is Texas Health Resources' 501(a) not-for-profit health corporation offering employment opportunities for administration staff that service providers of Texas Health Physicians Group (THPG). THOP provides services for member physicians that help them get back to what they do best -- practice medicine. From an affordable electronic medical record to comprehensive practice support services and group purchasing power, physicians and their patients benefit from being a part of THPG.