Fort Worth, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Southwest
PRN "As Needed" - Various Shifts throughout the week, may included weekends and holidays.
Required Minimum Education:
Bachelor’s degree or higher in Dietetics, Food and Nutrition, or other related area.
LD - Licensed Dietitian required
RD - Registered Dietitian, within 6 months of hire
Required Minimum Experience:
1 year health care experience preferred
* Demonstrates the ability to apply all steps of the Nutrition Care Process (NCP) in a clinical setting to effectively care for patients and whenever possible, improve patient outcomes and care experiences.
* Communicates effectively through both oral
and written means.
* Possess sufficient computer skills to learn and use common business related and nutrition and/or food
service specific software programs and electronic health record systems to plan and document care.
* Strong interpersonal skills that enable the applicant to effectively collaborate in trans-professional teams.
* Strong customer service skills.
* Ability to successfully manage stressful situations.
* Utilizes each step of the Nutrition Care Process effectively and efficiently to provide Medical Nutrition Therapy to assigned patients populations.
* Promotes team work and supports organizational goals by demonstrating flexibility in scheduling and shift assignments.
* When indicated, willingly takes on work to even out case load or meet schedule deadlines.
* Effectively collaborates with peers so that essential shifts are covered.
* Promotes safe and effective care through effective communication and work flow practices, including the use of THR specific and High Reliability Organization (HRO) communication and safety strategies.
* Promotes Quality in Practice through systematic measurement of outcomes, regular performance evaluations, and continuous improvement.
* Maintains competence through ongoing self-evaluation and study aimed at identifying and closing relevant professional knowledge and/or performance gaps.
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth is a 222-bed full-service facility that includes surgical and imaging services, a 24-hour emergency department, orthopedics and sports therapy, adult critical care, and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Southwest Fort Worth, which has been serving Tarrant County residents since 1987, has 1,100 employees, 120 volunteers, and more than 600 physicians on its medical staff. The hospital is a Pathway to Excellence® designated hospital by American Nurses Credentialing Center, a designated UnitedHealth Premium Surgical Spine specialty center and has earned Quality Respiratory Care Recognition from the AARC. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.