Fort Worth, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Southwest
Minimum Education Requirements:
Bachelor's Degree Exercise Science, Kinesiology, Health Promotion or related field required
Minimum Licensure Requirements:
CPT - Certified Personal Trainer (NCCA-accredited personal training certification (ACSM, NSCA, ISSA, NASM or ACE) required upon hire
BCLS 30 days from date of hire
Minimum Experience Requirements:
3 months personal training experience
Group fitness training experience in a business setting preferred
Minimum Skill Requirements:
Ability to communicate in English using a variety of media
Good interpersonal and customer service skills
Ability to perform fitness testing and demonstrate safe and effective exercise on all types of fitness equipment
Working knowledge of fitness center computer software preferred
Work Hours/Schedule: PRN (as needed), variable hours between 5:00am-8:00pm with some weekends required
Essential Job Functions:
Personal Training & Group Fitness:
• Assesses member needs and develops and implements specialized exercise regimens.
• Ensures the fitness program meets the needs of the client which may include elements such as Personal Training, nutrition advice, Group Fitness training, etc.
• Direct supervision of clients performing exercises to ensure they are executed correctly.
• Modify regimes as needed to meet client and/or Fitness Center needs and/or capabilities, while ensuring the regime is safe and beneficial to the client.
• Maintains complete exercise and personal documentation for each client.
• Educates personal training clients and prospective members on facility offerings (group fitness, personal training, etc.), how to use equipment, etc. to promote a positive member experience and attract and retain membership numbers.
• Actively promote self and fitness center training programs to attract and retain client base.
• Suggests alternative exercises, facilitates sharing of equipment, and makes other adjustments as needed during crowded times in the Fitness Center.
• Cleans and disinfects exercise equipment as needed.
• Visually inspects equipment for safety, initiates actions to correct deficiencies and reports repair needs or unsafe conditions following departmental guidelines.
• Ensures that clients are appropriately greeted and checked in at each visit.
• Records all Personal Training, education, and Group Fitness sessions as required.
• May answer calls, assist with membership paperwork, document and collect payments, etc. as needed.
Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Southwest Fort Worth is a 222-bed full-service facility that includes surgical and imaging services, a 24-hour emergency department, orthopedics and sports therapy, adult critical care, and a Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Southwest Fort Worth, which has been serving Tarrant County residents since 1987, has 1,100 employees, 120 volunteers, and more than 600 physicians on its medical staff. The hospital is a Pathway to Excellence® designated hospital by American Nurses Credentialing Center, a designated UnitedHealth Premium Surgical Spine specialty center and has earned Quality Respiratory Care Recognition from the AARC. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.