Dallas, TX US
OB-Gyn Associates of Rockwall
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Physicians Group
Texas Health Physicians Group (THPG) is hiring a full time Clinical Practice Manager II for the Rockwall area.
Location: Rockwall, TX
Monday - Friday 8-5
The Practice Manager is responsible for managing the daily administrative and technical support sections of a medical clinic in accordance with established policies, procedures and standards. Anticipates and plans for future changes. Makes recommendations to improve customer service as appropriate. May support 5 or more providers at any given time. This may also be specialty or multi-specialty environment. A Practice Manager with back office experience is highly preferred.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Associate’s degree in healthcare or a related field preferred.
• Three years of practice management experience or practice administrator experience required.
• Three years of supervisory-level experience required.
• Current medical assistant certification, LVN license, or RN license required.
• Effectively leads and develops a team of employees including hiring, training and development, salary
recommendations, initiates process to terminate access when employees separate, etc. Responsible for employee performance management by completing performance appraisals and setting individual goals as outlined in policies and procedures.
• Manages front office operations to maximize patient satisfaction, patient access, maintenance of medical records, verification of benefits, timely and accurate charge entry, collection of payments (TOS) and customer service efforts. Supervises medical, nursing and clerical staff to ensure adequate coverage for quality patient care.
• Monitors payroll system to control time management.
• Assists the Regional Director to develop and implement performance goals and objectives as well as long-term planning.
• Coordinates scheduling of operations with that of the practitioner to ensure proper coverage of patient appointments and out-of-office calls.
• Ensures work environment complies with regulatory, licensure, compliance and accreditation requirements by monitoring the work setting on an ongoing basis to identify deficiencies, risk, and opportunities for improvement.
• Serves as the first point of contact for patient and external customer complaints. Responsible for reconciling and investigating all complaints relating to practice operations and routes privacy and/or Compliance complaints/issues.
• Escalates reoccurring problems as needed.
• Acts as the liaison between the practice and Central Billing Office.
• Serves as Medical Records Custodian. Reviews authorizations and 3rd party chart review requests for validity.
• Ensures required PHI disclosures are tracked.
• Reports all confirmed or suspected privacy breaches, OCR complaints, or patient complaints regarding privacy to the EPO or Compliance in timely manner. Enforces and monitors corrective action plans.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Additional Essential Functions:
• Performs essential functions as Certified Medical Assistant as needed to include but not limited to:
• Performs general patient care by following established standards and procedures.
• Greets and prepares patients for the health care provider.
• Obtains and records vital signs including, but not limited to: blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration, height, weight, drug allergies, and current medications and presenting problems.
• Administers ordered medications and/or vaccines via oral, injection, topical, rectal, ophthalmic, and or/inhalant
• May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis as well as perform routine tests such as EKG’s.
Skills and Abilities:
• Proficient computer and EMR skills including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office suite applications such as Word and Excel.
• Demonstrated business, analytical and financial skills.
• Strong communication and organizational skills.
• Proven experience in a customer service environment.
• Strong people management and development skills.
• Ability to shape communications to the needs of the audience.
• Knowledgeable of HIPAA, state and federal regulations governing confidentiality, release of information (ROI) and record retention. Familiar with Electronic Medical Record functionality, document imaging, and workflow. Allscripts and EPIC Care Connect EMR experience a plus.
Texas Health Physicians Group (THPG) includes more than 800 physicians, nurse practitioners and physician assistants dedicated to providing quality, patient-safe care at more than 240 offices located throughout the DFW Metroplex. THPG members are active in group governance and serve on multiple committees and councils. Ongoing Texas Health initiatives, like the Diversity Action Council and Living the Promise, have helped to create an inclusive, supportive, people-first, excellence-driven culture and workplace, making THPG a great place to work.