Dallas, TX US
Cafeteria Chick Fil A
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Dallas
Full Time 40 Hours
Rotating Shifts Monday - Friday - 7:00 am - 9:00 pm
Saturday - 11:00 am - 4:00 pm
H.S. Diploma or Equivalent. Contingent upon enrollment in High School or GED program with the
requirement to graduate from the program within 1 year of hire.
FHC - Food Handlers Certificate within 30 days of hire.
* Read, basic math, written language in English
* Cooperative, discreet, and courteous.
* Good communication and organizational skills.
* Positive customer service attributes
* Ability to work as a member of a team.
* Washes and sanitizes dishes, pots and pans as well as all cooking utensils and cooking equipment, according to department standards and procedures.
* Stocks, stores, labels and delivers food and supplies to designated areas in a timely manner.
* Prepares work area for next service period.
* Follows the FIFO method and ensures proper rotation of food products.
* Maintains assigned areas and equipment in a safe, clean, neat, and orderly manner to meet/exceed both department and TDH sanitation standards in both department sanitation and personal hygiene.
* Disposes of trash and garbage according to standards and procedures.
* Follows “clean as you go” as well as proper hand hygiene.
* Assembles/disassembles dish washing equipment as well as serving line where/when appropriate and/or bus tables/tray return in dining areas.
* May help with food assembly.
* Labels and dates foods according to HACCP standards.
* Ability to learn HACCP sanitation guidelines and follow for safe food handling. Knows and performs proper procedure for taking and recording temperatures of food items, both raw and cooked and refrigerated units.
* Demonstrates and performs procedures when temperatures are inadequate according to standards.
* Understands and utilizes the FIFO system of food production.
* Ability to follow/learn OSHA safety guidelines.
* Performs other job duties as assigned by Supervisor/Manager.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers . The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence