Dallas, TX US
FITNESS CENTER: MEMBERSHIP
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Dallas
Minimum Education Requirements:
High School Graduate or G.E.D.
Massage Therapy School Graduate
Minimum Experience Requirements:
1 year massage experience required
2 year massage experience preferred
Minimum Licensure/Certification Requirements:
Current TX Dept of Health Massage Therapy Registration and current CPR/AED
Work Hours/Schedule: PRN: As needed (Monday - Friday variable hours)
Minimum Skill Requirements:
Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to demonstrate and explain basic principles of muscle and skeletal anatomy; good customer service and interpersonal skills, basic computer skills.
JOB DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
Massage Therapy Duties:
- Provide massage therapy services according to AMTA guidelines and customer needs, interests and feedback, and follow allotted time for services
Screen massage clients for health risks and safety considerations.
- Provide massage services off-site at corporations, special events as requested
- Prepare tables and supplies for each customer
- Check supplies each week and submit requests as needed
- Maintain cleanliness of work area and leave room ready for next appointment
Services Promotion and Production Duties:
- Actively promote self and fitness center training programs to attract and retain client base.
Maintain availability and work scheduled client hours as needed by fitness center members and requested by team lead or supervisor.
- Actively maintain consistent number of weekly client sessions to maintain PRN/PTE/FTE employment status.
- Provide excellent customer service with respect to client scheduling, communication, consideration and follow-up. Arrange for substitute therapist if/when needed.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers . The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012.We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.