Plano, TX US
Women's Diagnostic Center
Area of Interest:
Allied Health Management
Texas Health Plano
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is hiring for a full time Manager of the Breast Center.
Work Hours/ Schedule: M-F 730-430
Minimum Education Required: Graduate of an AMA approved radiology program. Associates or Bachelor's degree is preferred.
Minimum Experience Required:5 years experience in comprehensive breast center and at least 3 years in management.
Minimum Licensure/Certifications Required: TMB (TDH), ARRT (R), CPR.
Preferred certification: Mammography (M) is highly preferred
Minimum Required Skills:Computer skills to include keyboarding skills, computer applications. Experience in Windows 2000 and XP. Excellent communication and documentation skills required. Experience in healthcare setting and radiology systems preferred. Exceptional patient care experience in mammography.
Qualification/ Duties: Responsible for management of 12 FTE, daily operations, productivity, and patient care experience in a comprehensive breast center.
• Oversee and manage daily department operations ensuring safe, efficient, and quality care and service is delivered in all areas.
• Manage staffing levels of all assigned staff while meeting productivity targets and customer expectations.
• Provide an atmosphere and experience that meets and exceeds patient and/significant others expectations while anticipating any needed changes or improvements based upon feedback received.
• Takes action to reduce/eliminate risks while ensuring a safe and effective work environment.
• Use and promote PROMISE culture philosophy to obtain feedback and data to initiate, implement, and revise plan of care to meet patient, physician, family, and team members needs.
• When needed perform and/or assist with technical procedures safely and proficiently while acting as a resource and instructor of technical skills.
Human Resource Management:
• Provides continuous constructive feedback and annual performance evaluation to all assigned staff.
• Recruit and interview potential staff.
• Coordinate and conduct employee development plans as well as progressive corrective actions.
• Provide atmosphere fostering good working environment resulting in high employee satisfaction.
• Ensure adequate staffing levels of all assigned areas.
• Participate in review and selection of department equipment.
• Ensure required maintenance and quality control initiatives are taking place and up to date.
• Work with radiology engineering services as needed.
• Ensure proper operation and cleaning of equipment is taking place among assigned staff.
• Safeguard all assigned assets at all times and audit physical location as needed.
• Reviews monthly budget reports and financials KPI's.
• Manages department supplies and expenses.
• Recommends capital and operating budgets.
Communication and Information Management:
• Oversee and ensure staff are utilizing radiology and hospital information systems effectively and efficiently while following HIPPA guidelines.
• Monitor PACS and Voice Recognition use while working closely with PACS/RIS manager.
• Oversee and manage mammography reporting system and associated processes.
• Conduct monthly staff meetings and utilize hospital e-mail system.
• Meet with referring physicians, patient, hospital leadership and other stakeholders.
Professional Accountability / Partnership:
• Complies with department, entity, and system policies and maintains required licensure and continuing education requirements.
• Communicates and interacts in professional manner.
• Recognizes and communicates ethical and legal concerns through established channels of communication.
• Makes timely and appropriate decisions regarding unsolved/difficult department issues or conditions.
• Acceptable use of interpersonal relationship skills with patients, families, co-workers, physicians, and other customers.
• Flexible with scheduling to help meet departmental/ patients needs.
• Adapts to changes in workload assignment to meet changing needs of patient, physicians, team members, department, entity, and system.
• Identifies needed department improvements.
• Participates in department, entity, and system continuous improvement teams/projects.
• Utilizes and completes action items with department and entity continuous improvement and risk management tools.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services and a Level III NICU. Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties. The hospital is an Advanced Level III Trauma Facility, accredited Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission, named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. Texas Health Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint Replacement – Hip and Joint Replacement – Knee and an Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.