Dallas, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Dallas
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is currently seeking a Scheduling Specialist fro Part Time employment.
Part-time, M-F Day Shift
*YOU MUST BE AVAILABLE FOR A TWO WEEK TRAINING PERIOD M-F 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM
***High School diploma or equivalent required
***One (1) year related experience required
***CHAA- Certified Healthcare Access Associate certification preferred.
• Requires good written, oral, and telephone communication skills.
• Requires knowledge of general office equipment, PC’s and associated software packages.
• Ability to type 35 WPM corrected for errors preferred.
• General knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
• Schedules testing and/or procedures for multiple departments in an accurate and timely manner ensuring maximum productivity and expedient patient flow.
• Performs Necessary checks of medical necessity for patients with Medicare as a primary payor to ensure documentation is in compliance with applicable guidelines.
• Effectively communicates with patients, physician office scheduling, surgery scheduling, and/or other necessary staff as needed to reduce appointment time/date errors.
• Stays abreast of and complies with applicable regulations, entity and/or system policies and procedures. Maintains customer service and/or productivity guidelines set forth by applicable leadership.
• Participates in special projects or completes other duties as assigned.
KEYWORDS: "Admissions", "Registration", "Scheduling", “Patient Finance”, “Patient Access”, “Healthcare Access”, “Access Services”, "Admitting", "Scheduler", "Registrar", “Central Scheduling”, “Patient Access Services", "Hospitality", "Customer Service", "Banking", "Emergency", "ER", "Emergency Room" "Starbucks".
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Dallas is an 898-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical program leader, having provided compassionate care to the residents of Dallas and surrounding communities since 1966. A full-service regional referral center, Texas Health Dallas has approximately 3,500 employees and 1,100 physicians on its medical staff, and offers a full range of services, including cancer care, cardiology, neurosciences, orthopedics, senior care, women's services and a renowned Level III neonatal intensive care unit. Texas Health Dallas has been recognized as a U.S. News and World Report Best Hospital in multiple specialties and is an accredited Cycle IV Chest Pain Center by the Society of Chest Pain Centers . The hospital is also a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, a certified Emergency Stroke Care center and was named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Dallas County in 2012.We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.