Plano, TX US
Area of Interest:
Texas Health Plano
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is seeking a Certified Surgical Tech with neuro experience for Full Time employment.
Work Hours/ Schedule:
8 hours (1 – 9:30 pm) or 10 hours (11 -9:30 pm)
Minimum Education Required: Graduate of an accredited surgery technology program, Vocational Nurse Program or graduate/completion of a military training program in surgical technology
Minimum Experience Required: 1 year current operating room experience preferred
***Neuro Experience highly preferred
Minimum Licensure/Certifications Required: CST - Certified Surgical Technologist graduate of an accredited surgical tech program Upon Hire
CST - Certified Surgical Technologist graduate/completion of a military training program in surgical technology within 2 Years
LVN - Licensed Vocational Nurse Upon Hire
BCLS - Basic Cardiac Life Support
Minimum Required Skills: A high degree of confidentiality, positive interpersonal skills, acceptable grooming practices and ability to function in a fast paced, changing environment.
* Intra-operatively displays skills and behavior conducive to desirable outcome.
* Nursing Process: Assists in providing peri-operative care for a patient population that includes Infants, Pediatrics, Adults, and Geriatrics.
* Preoperatively assists R.N. circulator in formulating plan of care.
* Professional accountability: Assists as needed in coordinating patient care peri-operatively and assumes responsibility and accountability for behavior in order to maintain standards for professional nursing practice.
* Post-operatively follows proper procedures for care of instruments, supplies and equipment. Under supervision, assists RN circulator with post-operative duties.
* Infection Control: Assists in the delivering of nursing care in a manner that minimizes the risk of transfer of infection and accidental contamination.
Safety: Assists in delivering care in a manner which protects the patient from injury.
* Continuous Improvement: Care is provided with an emphasis on continually improving quality, service and cost effectiveness.
* Age Specific Care: Demonstrates competence in assisting with the performance of age appropriate patient care that is specific to the unique physiological and anatomic aspects of life from the very young to the older adult.
Texas Health Presbyterian Hospital Plano is a 366-bed, Magnet-designated hospital and recognized clinical leader, providing technologically advanced care to Plano, Frisco and surrounding communities since 1991. This full-service facility features a full range of specialties including emergency medicine, cardiology, adult and adolescent behavioral health, pediatrics, an adult intensive care unit, state of the art and technologically advanced surgical services and a Level III NICU. Texas Health Plano has more than 1,600 employees and over 1,360 physicians on its medical staff in more than 65 specialties. The hospital is an Advanced Level III Trauma Facility, accredited Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission, named “Best Place to Have a Baby” in Collin County and a Gold-Level Mother Friendly business. Texas Health Plano is the recipient of the Disease Specific Care Certifications from the Joint Commission in Chest Pain, Joint Replacement – Hip and Joint Replacement – Knee and an Advanced Certification as a Primary Stroke Center. We invite you to join us in furthering your career and our accomplishments and philosophy of excellence.